Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

I finally got around to uploading my cube to that cube tutor site, which seems pretty awesome. It's my first cube and definitely a work in progress. I made it for work, where there's like 5–6 other people who are either old casuals or new to the game. I kind of like having a large cube, because it seems like it'll take longer to get bored with it, but I could probably pare it down a bit. I have been spending an inexcusable amount of time tweaking it recently and probably need to stop.

I tried to keep aggro a viable strategy where possible, but nobody has really drafted it yet. I'm not sure if it's because the numbers don't work out, or if most people just hate aggro. Thoughts?

Edit: here, have some free High Art proxies, so as to enrich your own cube:

rinski fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

Thanks for the feedback! I'm really new at this and a lot of the things you all pointed out weren't super intuitive to me. Part of it was I built this cube using my friend's as a rubric: apparently he has no support for aggro whatsoever, which skewed my perception.

One thing I noticed is I seem to have a hard time correctly judging power levels across cards in cube. For example, the Stronghold Rats. I thought that would be a decent card, because Black has a lot of reanimation and I wanted some discard outlets. Once The Lord of Hats mentioned it, though, it made me think about what other 3-drops that guy is competing with and it became more obvious that he's probably not the best. I also realized I was putting cards in colors where they wouldn't be getting a ton of support. I think Tuk Tuk is a good example, because I think I drafted him once in a RUG Pod deck and thought he was great, but he's clearly going to be worse in most of the decks running red.

On that note, is there really a ton for red to be doing besides burn/aggro and Big Red-type stuff?