Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Death Pits of Crap
Nov 6, 2007
So I've been thinking about making a relatively small "brutal cube" around ridiculous unfair cards. In powered cubes it seems like traditional "aggro" just gets outclassed by inconsiderate decks, and even in un-powered cubes facilitating successful aggro decks can be rough, so I decided a powered cube shouldn't be implementing those pitfalls in the first place.

Beaters are still present, but I held them to a high standard. Isamaru is the only one-mana nonred dumb creature, because white decks seem like they can sometimes use a one mana 2/1, and far better than the Black decks.

I'd really like some feedback. I'm a terrible monster who liked the MTGO Holiday Cube, so I'd like to try this out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Pits of Crap
Nov 6, 2007
None of the creatures Zoness suggested are what I would describe as "dumb aggro beaters." They're aggro beaters that stifle powerful effects. The only cube archetype that seems able to make good use of multiple vanilla creatures is mono-red.

When I've seen Savannah Lions be good, it's been sideboarded in by U/W midrange tempo decks against very slow decks or mono-red, getting in for six to eight damage as an opponent makes mana rocks or blocking X/2's. White decks with multiple two-power one drops just don't seem good to me, but I thought it was a nice inclusion as that specific sideboard option.

I'm not totally hot on Linvala as a hate-creature. My understanding of the crazy things that could be expected in power-cube doesn't include activated abilities of creatures except for Griselbrand. What does Linvala stop that isn't a Red creature?

Death Pits of Crap fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jul 30, 2013