Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLing
Jul 20, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

Can I get an opinion from the thread on the relatively new idea of making Cubes out of sets? I've heard of people making MM cubes with multiple commons and uncommons and I've been thinking of doing the same with other sets that I remember enjoying drafting.

Does this actually work or is it not a particularly good idea?

I've almost finished making a RTR block 360 card cube with a couple of my friends, we're just missing about 5 commons that i'll pick up this weekend.

We went with 20 cards from every guild including 2 guildgates, 30 cards from every single color, some artifacts and rounding out nonbasic lands is 3 transguild promenades and one rogue's passage bringing the total of non-rare cards to 336 and then we have a pile or DGR rares to add a bit of random to the drafting pool.

Some guilds just have such a crappy pool we had to go with doubles so it ended up being about 85% singleton.

Being the idiots we are we designed this set in paper so i don't have a link to share :X

I think the most expensive part about building this was buying 500 high quality sleeves.

TheLing fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jul 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU