Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Wish they'd make a cycle like

Gruul Guidepost
(R/G)(R/G)
Artifact
~Enters the battlefield tapped.
Tap: Add (R) or (G) to your Mana pool.

I get they don't want to do colored artifacts outside of Esper but it'd be so nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

The Shortest Path posted:

They could make those just cost 2 generic mana and they'd still be fine. Diamonds suck.

I'd place them at 1(R/G) personally or have them enter untapped but it doesn't really matter. They've decided all Mana rocks will be at 3 for the foreseeable future.

Even just signet's that require (to keep the Gruul example) (R/G), Tap to generate GR would go a long way to "fixing" signets. Because tbf they are extremely powerful even for the off color ramp.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

I brainstormed the possibility of artifact filter lands, which would be "R/G, T: Add RR, RG or GG."

If they're lands I don't think they'd need to be artifacts. Though I think they'd be perfect for Guilds how is that different than the existant filter lands like Mystic Gate?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
So for those of you looking to make a Un-Cube, how do you intend to address the variants?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

I'm still figuring that out. For Secret Base, it's pretty straightforward, I'll have a full set of each one in the commons, but Very Cryptic Command is another story. I'm considering getting 1 copy of each variant and keeping them separate, then randomly adding one of those to the set of rares to make packs.

I'm running about or I'd crunch the #s on this myself. From a number crunching standpoint do all the variants bring it up to enough for a 360 singleton?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
So for your cubes, do you double sleeve everything? Or do you perfect fit them and then let everyone sleeve them in their own colors?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

GoutPatrol posted:

If your cube has 720 people, how can you make sure that enough cards will show up to support a tribal draft strategy?

Well since every person would get one card they'd each be all in on their pack one pick one.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Crystal Commerce is $600 a month? What the hell??

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

whydirt posted:

I want to alter a big stack of the common M19 taplands to be generic untapped duals for my peasant/budget cube. Any suggestions for how to strike the EtB tapped text out in the least ugly way? I was thinking of using a light gray paint pen, but am open to other ideas.

Use white out and make it glaringly obvious.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

logis posted:

I am considering new cards from Commander Legends for my graveyard-matters cube. The blue throne (Court of Cunning) looked good, as you can mill yourself for value and/or mill your opponent as a blue win condition. I should note that I have no other 'mill your opponent' cards besides Brain Freeze (in my Cube, Blue has several different build-around-me 'win-con' cards that are all different).

However, milling your opponent 10 in a 1v1 game is very different than milling all your 60-card deck opponents in 4-player with 3 opponents. Is this card too good? Is it almost as obnoxious as 5-mana-mill-Jace? Is the play pattern not "Oh, neat card. I can mill myself for value" like I would hope, but instead normally just "Ah, an easy win con. I play this, block 1-3 times, draw some extra cards, and my opponent loses".

I would playtest this, but Covid etc etc

Only have some 1v1 sealed experience to speak of, but if Mill is at all viable for your cube the court is super strong. The mitigating factor is that if you're intending the cube to always be multiplayer the court does paint a "do not allow this person to start their turn as the monarch" target on that player's head.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
It's pretty easy to build the perfect cube, the real difficulty is getting 360 Mulldrifters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

BaronVonVaderham posted:

There are 3 rows inside. The center fits all of the mono-colored cards with some space to spare but it's full enough that it works.

The left has the colorless, nonbasic lands, and multicolored. I shoved a spare box of sleeves behind those but it's still pretty loose.

The right row has the pre-sleeved basic lands (I just went up to 50 of each, the stained glass foils from the latest set), and behind those are all the tokens, but there's a lot of space still.

I do have these cheap plastic deckboxes that are just sitting in a bin in the closet, maybe I can put those in there as spacers (and in case no one has a box with them they can use one).

How in the world did you get 50each of the foil stained glass and not get murdered on shipping?