Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.

Pontius Pilate posted:

I ran worldknit briefly and it was a logistics nightmare when someone drafted it and shackles/rofellos.

We always just had someone grab other basics and say "All my basics are islands/forests".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

Hey Wtwlf123, mind if I ask why you chose to replace the allied painlands with the bicycle lands in your cube? The one I'm mostly dubious on is the Rakdos land as most of the time rakdos gets built as a low to the ground aggro deck that would sooner cut off its arm than play CipT lands.

As a side note, can I vent about people who say their cube supports aggro, but it only has 3 or 4 red 1 drops? I've been burned so many times :smith:

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

Aggro with no 1 drops is just lovely midrange.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

Big red's really more midrange than aggro. But this helps illustrate my bitch; when i say aggro i mean a deck that says "gently caress card advantage, i want you dead yesterday." Big red is fine, but nothing beats the feeling of beating a guy with a deck full of constructed all stars with randon 2 power 1drops.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

Scattershot brainstorming here, but if you want something "clever", where cleverness is a pun, you could go with a "cubed" reference, as in "raised to the power of 3" like "CardboardCubed", or something like "C Cubed", "MtG Cubed", or "M Cubed". This has the advantage of a built in acronym: C^3, or C3.

The other pun based idea is something off of "Cubicle" like MtgCubical or even just the simple "The Cubical".

Hope those help, I'm not a marketing expert.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

There's a non-insane argument to be made that in any environment in which 'play dudes, attack with them,' is a viable strategy, (so everything but vintage) Skullclamp is the best card ever printed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

hey mom its 420 posted:

That looks like some very good advice, thanks! Yeah my main concern with this cube is that value midrange will be too dominant. Having a good density of 2-power one drops makes a lot of sense if you want to support aggro. It's a shame that it takes up so much slots for cards that mostly aren't that interesting. But on the other hand, you probably don't want most of your games to be only about midrange cards with a bunch of text. Dang, designing a cube is really hard.

FWIW, midrange tends to spring up on its own, without any support. It just steals aggro's top end and control's bottom end to Frankenstein up a decent value pile.