Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

weekly font posted:

Serious question: How do EDH Cube get togethers not run over like 5 hours?
Man, our regular cube runs over 5 hours pretty much every time.
We pretty much always bullshit a lot, drink good beer & make lunch/dinner for the lot of us though, plus there's a couple people that reaaaaallly have to think about their picks/construction that slow it down a bit. I could only imagine if we were playing an EDH cube, poo poo would take days.

edit: on another topic, I'm looking at building another cube, 400-450 count and hoping to introduce a lot of tribal synergy into each two-color combination with some bleed-through into a third. Purely for example, humans in WRg, zombies in BUg or BGu, spirits in UWb, treefolk in GWb, whatever. I'm worried about trying to provide a specific synergy/tribe to each color combo without a) pushing some colors too hard, making them better options than others, b) pushing every theme too hard, making it the only deck available in a given color combo or c) having each theme be weak enough as to be totally ignorable. I mean, I guess that's the problem with trying to balance any cube, but I feel like it'll be a bit more difficult if I'm trying to jam in "<type> matters" cards into every color.

So that said, does anyone know of cube lists that do something similar that I should take a look at? I typed a bunch of words about our other cube versus my intentions with this new one, but it seemed largely irrelevant in retrospect. So far I've been idly looking over CHK/BK?, ISD/DKA, both Ravnica cycles, MMA and Lorwyn block a bit for ideas, but there's an overwhelming amount of poo poo to process before I can even nail down specific tribes or themes to look into.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jul 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU