Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I love Cube. My opponent cast a Jace, so in response I cast Restoration Angel to flicker my Phyrexian Revoker and name Jace :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I had the most enjoyable draft of my life today. We drafted my friend Carlo's cube, I usually draft mono-red aggro and beat everyone except Carlo. Today I was looking at Young Pyromancer in the first pack but then consciously decided to play something else, so I chose Tasigur. My next packs contained a Goblin Guide and Hellrider, but I kept taking good black cards until a pick 6 Worldknit. I drafted without concern for colour and got great picks, wheeling a ton of powerful gold cards.

I won my first game with Land Tax and using extra lands to buyback Forbid. Then I won a game against that opponent when he tried to stay under my Land Tax, and I hit his land with Vindicate and his signet with What.

Second match felt close. I won the first by Incinerating a Metalworker that my opponent needed to play his hand out, and eventually destroying other cards with a Woodfall Primus that I sacrificed to Natural Order for double the value. I lost the second to the Precursor Golem/Crystal Shard combo. The third was very close, but I won it after answering his board state with When, Vindicate, Banishing Light, Searing Spear, and Blast from the Past over three turns.

Third match came against Carlo, who had drafted Lands. I opened with Land Tax, so he played Molten Vortex. We sat at one land each until I got to eight cards in hand. I played lands, cast Ashiok, then Kitchen Finks and Edric. Carlo pitched three land to kill Ashiok, so I won by beatdown with Forbid backup. The last game was long and involved my threat of milling him out with Ashiok, until he wiped out Ashiok and I stole his 4/2 Duplicant with Sower of Temptation. He was out of cards to effectively answer me, I showed him the Yawgmoth's Bargain in my hand and he conceded.

I've always wanted to draft Worldknit and I've confirmed it is the most fun thing ever. Put it in your cube.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I have a friend who's a huge Conspiracy fan that wants to make a Conspiracy cube. I've told him to do 1 of each Mythic, 1 of each Rare, 2 of each Uncommon, 5 of each Common so that it'll be close to the actual ratios of cards in the set. He thinks he might do 1x/1x/3x/4x because uncommons are more fun. Is this a good idea or not?