Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

I'm nearly finished building an AFR cube (4x each common, 2x each uncommon, 1x each rare/mythic), and I'd like to balance the set a little more.

Having drafted it a dozen or so times, and from watching plenty of drafts, B/R is the powerhouse color pair, and blue is woefully underpowered, so I'd like to tap the brakes a bit on B/R, and beef up blue a bit.
I'd like to know generally, what players think are good strategies to do this?

Looking at B/R, I think the big offenders making the deck Too GoodTM are:
-Dragon's Fire
-Hobgoblin Captain
-Price of Loyalty

There's also a notable lack of board wipe in the set. I don't really count Sphere of Annihilation here.

Looking at blue, I'm not exactly sure what makes it so bad, other than the format being too fast, but I think there are plenty of stinkers in here that could be upgraded to both withstand early aggro, and out-grind the venture decks.
I'm open to any suggestions on how I should approach this.
Bonus points for suggesting cards that are on-theme for D&D (Gaseous Form in blue, for example, is also a spell in D&D)

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU