Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!

boba fetacheese posted:

http://cubetutor.com/draft/1034

This is a convenient thread. I've been putting together this monstrosity the last month. It's pretty heavy on gold cards (my kitchen table group has loved drafting DGR) and I think I'm going to cut one from each colour to add some more artifacts. Comments?

I tried this out, and ended up with this monstrosity. I kept seeing all kinds of bombs, but little to no ramp, so I ended up just drafting every signet I could find (and I think I still missed one, since it didn't table). I'm not quite sure what Gifts is doing in this deck, but I figured I might as well use it to find me all kinds of signets and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Zoness posted:

Gifts stuff

I...know all of this. What I specifically mentioned was I don't know if it's any good in that deck, the one I drafted and linked to.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

WhiteWolf123 posted:

Sweet! A cube thread for Goons. I've been waiting for this OP for a while.

Here's a link to my cube (450, Powered): http://cubetutor.playworks.cloudbees.net/viewcube/170

Gave this a try. First pack has Time Walk and Force of Will in it. There go my chances of not forcing blue. (And because Cube Tutor is loving stupid, it didn't log me in, so I can't show you the deck I made. Yay)

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Not to mention that you should not be paying 6 mana for this. Evoke the drifter, bounce in response to the sac trigger. 4 mana, draw 2 cards. Each turn, every turn.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

I gave aggro a try but mostly ended up with this. A bunch of 2 mana 2/1s is not where I wanted to be in aggro deck, but I just never saw anything really worth it. Most of the cards I saw were expensive and splashy with very little to actually help me.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Well that's my point and that's why I posted this. I just honestly never got to see any good aggressive cards, ending up with this mess. (Obviously I could have just drafted control and I would have been fine, but the idea behind this experiment was to force aggro no matter what)

I tried it again, this time going into red as well and I had basically the same result - I never saw any actually good aggro cards, just okay 2 drops that do stuff, sometimes. I literally had no one drops in drafting Naya.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

I don't know about designing Ravnica cubes or whatever, but I now have an urge to add googly eyes to every single card I could reasonable put them in in every deck that I have.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Aston posted:

You may well enjoy this.

Oh my god, that is the most beautiful Magic thing I've seen in ages!

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

I've built a peasant cube (without any of the absurdly powerful uncommons like top, wasteland or sol rings since i don't have any of those to spare) and I've made it so it's not singleton, and so far it's working great. One of the strategies I've got is reanimator, with an animate dead, dread return and 2 unburial rites in the cube (the cube is 360 cards). However I'm at a stump as far as reanimation targets. I have one of each of: Pelakka Wurm, Artisan of Kozilek, Pathrazer of Ulamog, and some semi-big things like Krosan Tusker. I need some good ideas for large things that might be worth reanimating, that should be uncommon at most, and I'd appreciate some suggestions.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

That is pretty discouraging, since I have all of those in the cube, aside from the Crusher since, as absurd as it is, I can't find where my Ulamog's Crusher is. And there's no way I'm giving money for a goddamn Ulamog's Crusher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Entropic posted:

:confused: it's like 25 cents at the most.

There's also Artisan of Kozilek and Pelakka Wurm as reanimation / ramp targets in Peasant.

Exactly. It's 25 cents. The shipping for a 25 cent card would cost several euros to get it here, and I don't know anyone who actually has a Crusher around so I can take it off them. So like I said - I'm not spending money on a crusher, at least until I make a larger order online and can throw one in as well.

As for Artisan and Pelakka Wurm - both are in. Drafted a sick BUG reanimator today, and I was quite happy with how it turned out. It wasn't "Cast reanimate spell, win." type of reanimator, since those simply are impossible at Peasant levels, but it was a lot of good creatures getting brought back over and over again.