Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Who doesn't love Cube? My opponent :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

WhiteWolf123 posted:

Vorapede. It has an easier casting cost, far higher power, cute +1/+1 counter interactions, and works with Imperial Recruiter and Reveillark. I think it's worth the loss of vigilance and undying. Plus, it was the easiest "like for like" swap without losing a 5-drop that provides a unique utility effect.

I know on Salvation you defended it to death and your argument certainly isn't wrong in any way, but in my Cube I think I'm leaning closer to cutting Genesis for it. :ohdear:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Serious question: How do EDH Cube get togethers not run over like 5 hours?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

KasaiAisu posted:

Often you'd only do maybe one "best of 3" before drafting again. Spending over 5 hours cubing is fantastic though :allears:

No, I get that when you've got a group of 8 and it's round robin or elimination style. But drafting over 100 cards and a multiplayer match is probably five hours for one game of which two people are probably sitting out a third of.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I tried running 3-color cards but all it did was clog up the 15th picks. Anywho, I'm adding the filterlands because I love having heavy manafixing in my cube.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

WhiteWolf123 posted:

I agree about 3-color cards clogging up drafts. Nicol Bolas was a fun achievement to unlock while he was in there, but it was easily the least used card in the cube. An easy cut.

Filter lands are solid budget choices if you don't have the more expensive fixers available. But I'm not a fan of how they play out in most decks, because they can't split mana between turns and phases or tap for colored mana on turn one. Meaning that neither my aggressive decks or my reactive decks really want them.

If you have to add Bouncelands or Filterlands what do you do? I lean towards Filter but I can be convinced.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

WhiteWolf123 posted:

This guy seems pretty solid for the cube:

Green isn't super deep on 4cc creatures, and this guy can swing as an 8/8 on T5 after casting an Arc Lightning on your opponent's board.

It's certainly a beater. The four drop slot for Green is pretty tight in my cube though iirc (granted my list isn't next to me).

Also, if you guys want a good laugh or maybe want to stab your eyes out, check out MTGSalvation's Cube Forum thread about running an extra set of fetchlands. I've never seen a group of people be so willfully obtuse on the internet and that is saying a whole hell of a lot.

weekly font fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Aug 16, 2013

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I hope you guys can help. I've been completely out of Cubing/paying attention to MtG since BNG was about to be released due to school. Turns out we're gonna be cubing tomorrow. What are some staples from the last 8 months or so, possibly including spoilers for future sets, that I need to be looking at for inclusion off the tops of your heads?

e: 540 Power Cube love you all

weekly font fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 12, 2014

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

How's green superramp in this Cube? I remember the first MODO Cube that poo poo was money and I haven't really played on there since the first Holiday Cube but I'm thinking I might invest over Thanksgiving break.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

A lot of my friends are intrigued by the Cube but a lot of these people also haven't played Magic since ~2004. That means they don't know about stack rules, Planeswalkers etc, not to mention the Cube format in general can be a bit overwhelming.Do you think it's condescending/patronizing to type up a little archetype breakdown briefly explaining what the ones I support do and some cards to look for, along with some words on how PW work. I ask because I played with a super casual player last night who is a close friend and felt bad when he ran his 3-color durdles into Stax. It ended up being a learning experience since he asked me to show him how I'd build the deck (and actually beat me with a more streamlined version of Superfriends he accidentally drafted, though he did try to attack with a 14 loyalty Karn at one point). If they didn't care I probably wouldn't but they all seem to want to get how Cube works. Thoughts?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

With the death of MTGSalvation, where can I go discuss potential Cube inclusions? I know Wtwlf posted here at some point, his set reviews definitely have had a major impact on how I built my dumb mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Do yall think at 540 there's enough space to give black a zombie subtheme? I'm having trouble fitting any of the lords/buff daddies in at the 3 slot.