Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

TLG James posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/financialindependence/comments/1pq2dn/retired_at_33_with_32000yr_retirement_budget_me/

Decent read. Some of the old posts are grumpy college students angry that this guy doesn't want to save for his kid's college.
Honestly, I'm surprised that comes up so often. When I think of things I would want to spend money on, no matter how frugal I'm being, a hypothetical kid is #1 with a bullet. Braces, college, the works. I would want my kid to have all the opportunities I can possibly give them, and money is key to that. Why is it always a thing that people single out when they're saving money? There's got to be some sort of correlation between the fiscally independent mindset and having the kid work themselves through college, but the obvious one seems so stereotypical that I doubt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU