Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
What kind of asset allocations are people aiming for? I'm in a fairly good position I suppose to aim for some sort of financial independence but the idea is kind of staggering. I'm currently spending about 55% of my take home pay which would leave me with another 45% to invest. I currently have $22k in cash and $22k in my Roth IRA but I also have an $11k car loan. I'm thinking if I consolidate my cash into one account over the next couple of months I can just pay off my car in one big lump sum, leaving me with an $11k emergency fund and a decent buffer in my now single checking account.

I would now only be spending 47% of my take home and could use the rest for investments (although a decent % will probably go into cash reserves just because I like to be a little conservative).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU