Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Naelyan posted:

Processed poo poo cheese will probably end up by holding your soup together until the apocalypse comes because of all the poo poo in it. You're probably fine using whatever gives you the best texture/taste/price point.

What about skipping velveeta and just adding some straight sodium citrate? Still easy enough to follow, but it might be too salty for soup on top of the knorr, I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Turkeybone posted:

BEEF TENDON CHIPS? :btroll:

Also my thought.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

mindphlux posted:

why would you even talk to a coworker about their relationships

maybe I'm just stone cold entrenched in the business world, but work is work, and personal life is personal life. out side of mentioning sick days and vacations, the divide should never ever be glanced at sidelong - let alone attempted to be bridged.

Because it's his ex girlfriend and he's upset she can't handle having the kind of relationship she's having now, and he's inserting his nose where it has approximately 0 business being.

I mean yeah, keep your head down and stuff, but seriously that's really not cool to go and do that to a woman you used to date.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Naelyan posted:

I have in my last few kitchens, my current kitchen is not. I prefer open kitchens, it means I'm less reliant on servers telling me how busy it is out in the dining room, and I've found it's easier to keep people on task because they can't be as loud or gently caress around as much.

My question of the day is a two-parter. First is, has anyone here had any success doing large-batch (talking like filling orders for multiple high volume restaurants) gluten free burger buns? Would you be willing to share your recipe? I've got a couple GF bread loaf recipes that work well, but they don't translate to buns at all. Second, on the same topic, has anyone here used Cup4Cup in large quantities successfully? I have a couple friends who have used it in smaller batches, but felt like it wouldn't translate up very well.

I can't really help you out with those specific questions, but wanted to point out that if cost was a concern (idk where in the power level you fall) that Ideas in Food's What Iif Flour might be an option. It's basically them reverse engineering cup4cup.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Plan Z posted:

I can't wait for this fad to be over with.

I can. I get that chefs and cooks get all these annoying and ridiculous demands, but it certainly makes eating out easier for two legit GF friends of mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Wroughtirony posted:

Yeah, I'm kind of hoping to land a job doing officey stuff someplace that does something that I actually care about and might have a future doing. The problem is a lot of the jobs like the one you described also inexplicably require a bachelors degree and three years office experience, but I've been told by quite a few people to ignore that and apply anyway if it's something I'm otherwise qualified for. I'm also looking for desk jobs with companies like Sysco where my experience is actually relevant.

I find that if you see a job you want, apply for it. It takes little time or effort to target a resume/cover letter to a specific job, especially at lower levels. The worst they can do is say no - you lose absolutely nothing by trying.

• Locked thread