Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My pay is a week and a day late so I called in sick. Going to call my boss later and quit! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cercies posted:

My Keens have lasted me a year, and they are starting to break apart. On average I am wearing them in kitchens about 80 hours a week though, and they have been super comfortable.

Downside: $115
That's about $0.03 for every hour you've worn them, good value I'd say.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Silent Treatment is great, you told her to stop talking and she did! Enjoy the silence.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Question for you Guys, right now my place is serving upscale-ish bar food considering we are located inside of a
/quote]

[quote="Willie Tomg" post="435200610"]
Good news: He's not dead! I'm still convinced he has high blood pressure but whatever, I'm not the guy's dad.

What was dead was our restaurant on account of everyone being in the streets for Pride Week(end) and since I worked third shift that morning got a half day that evening. I actually had to fight to make my second plate of the day just so I could justify waking up and crawling in to the kitchen.

No workplace fatalities, and easy day that's 50% shorter than normal? awwww yeah, its Miller Time baby.
I'm willing to bet that he had a work induced anxiety attack

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Aussie Chef cuts and cooks his girlfriend up.

Ever had one of those bad days?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty sure there were some serious psychological issues going on there before he decided he would like to eat someone.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crazy Larry posted:

Just had to throw away a full five gallon bucket of pickles because someone thought it would make a good step ladder.

:ughh:
Did they break the lid and shower the place in pickle juice?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Heh, yeah that's what they get.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
He must has been hammered so

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

The hotel refuses to put in proper refrigeration, so they fill an old hot well with ice 3 times a day. It may be the most mismanaged property in the company, but has almost 100% occupancy year round, so nobody in corporate seems to care.
wouldn't that cost more? Ice/the energy to make more ice would be more expensive in the long run

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

And I pointed that out multiple times. The upper management at that place just doesn't care.
Well it's hard to fix "not giving a gently caress"

not sure how many times I've run into that in my working life, it's depressing

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Why can't people just eat food the way chefs cook them?

barring allergy/health issues if you wanna be picky you should just stay home

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just want my food gluten free isn't that ok?

oh and vegan, nut free, low sodium, not too hot or too cold, dairy free, sulphate free, organic and halal

that should be fine right?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Senior Scarybagels posted:

You forgot that you wanted it Kosher too.
halal is arab kosher

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Once you leave I'm sure it'll work itself out

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like tomato on my burgers though, I think it adds some acidity and freshness

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

wei posted:

They're $2-2.50 per most times of the year in Australia :(. For about 1 week a year they drop to maybe a dollar each so I go hog wild then.
Yep, best case scenario is to find a tree you can take them from.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Skwirl posted:

Doctor's notes are bullshit. Medical information should be private and even with Obama care there are a ton of situations where going to a doctor is just going to cost you money and not get you anything that will help make you better.

Sprained ankle,you'll spend 300 dollars for "ice it,keep it elevated and take ibuprofen"

A bad Cold, "plenty of fluids and vitamin C, aspirin for fever."
why are people going to the docs for sprained ankles and colds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Discendo Vox posted:

Is this like gold speaker wires or what? It's a spoon.
A loving rad spoon yeah

• Locked thread