Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Longtiem
Feb 9, 2010

Liquid Communism posted:

Cooking in NYC : Ask me about living in a van, down by the river.

Serving in NYC: ask me about my other penthouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longtiem
Feb 9, 2010

Boatswain posted:

Is the difference really that big?

it would be if we didn't spend it all on blow and strippers

Longtiem
Feb 9, 2010

Willie Tomg posted:

At my last job the owner insisted on an open door to the outside next to the kitchen entrance because why not? The lack of fans and airflow in the space does not make the kitchen any cooler while simultaneously allowing flies and other insects into our area where we're prepping and serving raw seafood. It's a win win!

Anyway every so often a wasp, hornet or bee would fly in attracted to some sweet thing we had on the line. And they'd buzz and be angry and scary and confused for a bit. But then the circles would get slower, the orbits would get lower, and they'd descend in a helical pattern onto one of the prep tables or the floor. And they'd hit the ground and stop for a bit, and just... roll over. And they'd kick their little legs around for about ten minutes and stop.

Turns out hornets and wasps die from temperatures north of ~120 degrees Fahrenheit. I worked six days a week in that heat. lol

Thats an amazing story.

Longtiem
Feb 9, 2010

Plan Z posted:

I say "heard" all of the time when given commands in World of Tanks. One clan member said it was like watching Hell's Kitchen.

Yes christ not enough people do this in all corners of life. So helpful in kitchens and paintball and everything where you need coordination.

Longtiem
Feb 9, 2010

Kenning posted:

I've been known to say "Thanks so much" when I hand the checkout person at the grocery store some cash.

"my pleasure" when I hand friends drinks :shobon:

• Locked thread