Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

mindphlux posted:

I went out accidentally on vday a few years ago, and the place we went to had almost doubled its normal seating, with tiny rear end tables and people sat literally right next to eachother. it was a horrible experience, but we got our food without too much of a delay, and they pulled it off. I think that's just what you gotta do.

edit : we came in around 8:30 and left around 10, and were rushing to get out because it was a shitshow.

Yeah, we went out once for Valentine's several years ago. The restaurant was jam packed, we waiting for quite a while despite having a reservation, and then a long wait at the table for the waiter etc. We'd probably racked up over an hour in the restaurant before the food came. That being said, they nailed it and it was a delicious dinner through and through. Complete poo poo show organizationally, but the food was good. Since then I just make a nice meal in and we maybe go out the next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Samizdata posted:

I am pretty sure that is a common restaurant ur-myth. I have heard the same about several kitchens I have worked in. Culinary STDH, if you will.

I know a guy who claims to have had sex on a giant bag of black beans at a diner in Austin. This was a decade or so ago. Personally, I believe him.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Shooting Blanks posted:

I might dispute that...tried Blue Owl's sour stout the other day and it was like loving cough syrup. OTOH, Jester King is releasing Colour Five this weekend and I can't make it up, dammit. Hopefully they still have some next weekend.

The sour stout I don't care for at all, but Spirit Animal, their sour pale ale, is really pretty good.

• Locked thread