Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an overdue owl
Feb 26, 2012

hoot

I work at a place where we make our own muffins every morning and the way it goes is that the baker for the first day will come in at 5am, set up and do all the baking and then measure out the basic muffin mix that's going to go in the big industrial mixer the next day depending on how many muffins we've planned to bake. So the manager decides we need to 1.5x the amount of muffins we usually do because she figures it's going to be a busy day. Yesterday's baker measures out 1.5x the ingredients. No one thinks to update the bake sheet (the thing you check every morning that details how many of each muffin to make/how many in total are getting made) to reflect this fact.

So I come in at 5am, check the sheet, dump the ingredients into the mixer - add the regular amounts of oil, milk, etc. you'd need for a normal amount of muffins, and leave things to mix while I get on with the thousand other things that need doing in the morning and then come back to realize something is very wrong.

It's sort of my fault for not realizing something was different right away just from the look of it, but it's 5am and I was on auto-pilot. So that was fun trying to catch back up while we had the morning rush of old people and impatient workers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread