Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Slowest day shift I've ever worked at the shop today. drat.

Prolly a good thing for the guy behind the line though. Only like his 3rd or 4th time back there. He would have been swamped if we filled up and it all would have been hosed.

Let's go night shift!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I really have to find a part time serving gig. I'm at 35 hours right now, but the way the schedule is set up I have off from Tuesday at 4 till Friday at 5. That is way to much loving downtime for me...

I've got all the experience needed / know the computer systems most places use here / etc etc.

But, I'm having a motivational problem going out looking, not many places are hiring, and Spring / Summer will be here soon when all the beach stores start hiring. I'm stuck.

Well hopefully something turns up. Looking tomorrow!

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Ok people who run front of house, hell even head chefs. What do you guys prefer the best time to apply for front of house?

I know 2-4 is the dead zone. I work extremely low volume between 2-5 where I'm at now.

Basically is it kosher to go in the morning when the place is just opening. I just know people have long nights and just don't even want to deal with someone trying to get a loving job.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Sooo, table orders an Italian Combo sub.

I put on the ticket "MAYO ON BOTH SIDES OF BREAD"... That's pretty drat self explanatory I think.

Well HC reads it as a side of mayo. As soon as it comes out I know it's wrong. I tell him this.

HC gets all pissed cause it's dinner rush. Takes the sandwich out of the window and basically finger fucks the mayo on the sandwich.

Take it to customer. "The gently caress is that? Uhh no."

And I get blamed for this. Lol this industry.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
gently caress we got a new owner.

I loving hate ownership changes. I've worked here 8 years. Been through 3 different owners now.

Welp. See how it goes.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Health Inspection today!!!!

Don't touch anything and run out the back door.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

because the city does not recognize sanitizer as a valid cleaning method.

:lol: what?!?!

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Errant Gin Monks posted:

My health inspector is awesome. All he cares about is temps and labeling.

This is a good health inspector. Lucky man. Just have the temps good, labeling, the dishwasher set up straight, and the kitchen not looking like a complete poo poo hole and you shouldn't have much to worry about.

My place has been running A 98% for a solid few years running now.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lol how does someone drop a pack of smokes into the mixer smh..

Did you guys still serve a new batch of potatoes? Or just 86 them ?

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
New owner at my place is going smoothly so far. He hasn't tried to change anything up yet. Thank god.

I'm hoping he splurges a bit more on some food cost and actually get us some quality poo poo in some areas of the menu.

We also accept Discover cards now!

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
You need a Snickers bar son!

Also is it common in y'all's place of establishment to mop for both lunch and dinner? The gently caress would you want a wet rear end floor during operating hours?

My place we just do a nice sweep and mop at the end of the night.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Fun double today. Everything went smoothly except the Spanish dishwasher lady showed up two hours late and wooo boy you should have seen that dish pit..

But she finally showed up and went beast mode. She's the best. gently caress the other guy.

I walked out with bank. The whole staff was drinking draft beer (main manager is off Sunday. Kitchen manager says to drink. Ok. lol)

And every customer was happy. God I love working at a turn and burn pizzeria that gives no fucks.

Sorry if you had a poo poo day... But today was a good one for me.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
:lol:

Jeez Wheez

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Holy poo poo! I'm off today!

Summer can't come quick enough.

Also I've been making dog poo poo money on my lunch shifts.

Also I guess I'm good with the new owners now considering they gave me a thank you card and $20 just for working a busy Friday???

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Alright men I need to make some drat money this weekend. My lunch shifts have been dog shot and I've been blowing all my earnings trying to chase tail around the city and spending tons of money on Uber rides home.

Time to get down to brass tax and make loot to spend on bills. Here's to my 40 hour work weekend coming up!

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Any place that you've worked at for a while, that poo poo cans you immediately or a week after you put your notice in can gently caress off (guessing it's mostly corporate).

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lol

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So slow today after being slammed yesterday.

Tomorrow will most likely be slow cause Bible Belt living and Easter... Boo!

Also when it comes to chicks in the restaurant: Don't poo poo where you eat if you have it good.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Trip report: Easter Hell day....

So they left my rear end alone on the floor, thinking we would be dead.... Uhh no we got loving slammed. $1500 in sales by myself in a 12 table section. JESUS.

Also my HC is such poo poo. He has to much pride to throw away his 2 week old frozen poo poo veggie lasagna........... Sigh.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Uhhh can any chef that does the food order tell me what to expect of the new veal product we got.

It's not the flat strips but the rolls you actually have to beat the poo poo out of instead of casually beating the poo poo out of?!?!

It's probably still poo poo and the same thing but it's packaged nicer!

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Job rant incoming!

My loving head chef keeps threatening to fire me because whenever the restaurant is completely dead he hates me on my phone...

Bro, I'm just reading over here when it's completely dead. Please fire me go ahead. You think this job loving matters to me.

Whoever said that one of the perks of the service industry is that you can work anywhere is completely right.

So go ahead and fire your best server cause he was on his phone. I can finally move to San Diego and push the restart button on my life.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Dudes I get that. But don't be loving salty cause you have to prep all day because we have an absurd 3 page menu with tons of poo poo.

I clean the place all the time. We haven't gone below a 96 health score in like 5 years.

Between 2-5 though when absolutely nothing is going on?!? I have a personal life. Especially when the store was dead and I'm walking out with 40 bucks for the day.....

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Trust me you wouldn't back up my HC. He smokes and drinks on the job all the time and can't cook for poo poo...

Really he can't. I get multiple tables telling me they like my short cool Mexican homie Miquals food much more. I've lost tables on regular days because of it.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
No because the money is good.

I wish the HC would stop being a jealous bitch cause I'm reading...

Your giving me a chef speech bro which I get. It doesn't work on me. Sorry.

The best part is I know he won't fire me. He literally can't.

Sorry I had to vent. I'm done. It's just petty bullshit.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
What do you want me to say? I've worked with the dude for 8 years now....

Trust me I'm not being some childish bitch. It's the same thing everyday.

Him making stupid homophobic gay jokes and listening to classic rock. It doesn't help that the pizza guy and him hang out so they both like to gang up on me.

I get just quitting and saying gently caress this. But I make my loot and have good hours.

LOL entitled much? As a chef you should know better. Don't treat your severs as some piece of poo poo.

A Man and his dog fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Apr 9, 2015

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I see where this is going. A bunch of chefs ganging up on me. Cool guys!

Lol all over reading on a cellphone. I'll get a book I guess! Maybe I'll just take a nap on a table.

CLEAN SOMETHING! *place is spotless

Edit: we've listened to the same classic rock sirus XM station for like 9 years.... Don't even try to bring modern music into this place.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
No I'm not trolling anyone. I guess all these post were loving stupid anyways.

Just don't give your waitstaff poo poo when it's completely dead and you want to read the Something Awful forums.

Yeah it's the worst industry to be in to give a poo poo what someone else is doing when it's dead.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm not using these post to be lazy or whatever either. I bust my rear end in this place. Hell I just bleached and scrubbed all the floor boards yesterday.

Just don't hold me to a higher standard then you do the females who you let do whatever...

And for the dudes working in upscale places we are in totally different spots.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Man a bunch of chefs getting salty over an opinion they don't like..... I mean jeez who would have thought.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lol isn't this what this thread is for?

But im glad you have those higher standards on your ivory tower buddy. :thumbsup:

Edit: nice hot take buddy. Sorry my HC is not just some loving dude who is over worked to hell and takes it out on his staff. But thanks!

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
To clarify all of this I have worked with this guy for like 8 years. Are GM is leaving and the HC is now becoming GM and he is going on some loving power trip.....

That's all this is. Jesus Christ.

It is basically impossible to get 100% in NC

A Man and his dog fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Apr 9, 2015

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I gotcha man. My apologies to the thread. I'm not even trying to be a smart rear end or anything.

My whole point was I don't like being threaten with my job. That's all.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
LOL

We got a 97 because one of the loving sanitizer bottles in the wait station didn't have tape with a label saying sanitizer on it.

They take off points for loving anything.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
*has worked same job for 8 years, lives comfortably, is loved by all his customers

Obviously poo poo at job

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I love this entitled poo poo. I don't think I'm entitled to anything. I show up to a poo poo job and haven't hosed up. I guess I'm a lifer and entitled. Cool.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm also the one with a criminal record that will always get passed over for someone without a criminal record..... So yes I stick to my poo poo job making $35k a year where I can do what I want and smoke weed all day and live on the beach.... I mean Damnnnmmmn life's rough.

Lol "oh my god this place got a 97 not a 100 honey we can't eat here"

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
For a waiter in the south, in a turn and burn pizzeria on the coast I'll take it...

But yes gently caress this industry.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Hahahah after re reading this thread...

You are obviously a piece of poo poo who should listen to my SYSCO an US FOOD order driver

I AM MANGER.. Make all rules with my drugged out friends lol

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lol smoking weed. What a criminal...

Yeah my bad I'm not making 100k like all the other waiters. What a shame.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I have to rant this off sorry:

We had to do 180 pie order today for Verizon. Bill comes to 2k. They leave 5%. $100 for the kitchen... That has to be split up between the pizza guys and the drivers...

What irked me was:

Lady: "what's a 10% tip?"
Driver: "$200"
Lady: "ok here's 5%"

This coming from a multi billion dollar corporation and charged on a business account......

I have no idea why they don't just auto grat that type of poo poo.

• Locked thread