Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rasser
Jul 2, 2003
I used to work as a dishy with no aspirations to become a chef. Min wage job and badly organized - I had mountains of dishes to do when I met at my shift. I always thought it was pretty tough work until A. I started talking to the succesful chefs I know today and B. I read George Orwell's Down and Out in Paris and London. gently caress work ethics, that book's about survival in a kitchen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rasser
Jul 2, 2003

Tweek posted:

I give you 7 months still you start showing up high to work, 4 months until you're addicted to some form of amphetamine.

Enjoy your ability to peel potatoes.

the tender loving care is why I continue to lurk this thread

rasser
Jul 2, 2003
Back in the early nineties, I got a tattoo made that I found in a cookbook. It was a Hell's Angels owned shop, I learned later. I also heard a story years later from the same shop about this young guy who got a tattoo from a loving cookbook. The idea remained too weird for them.

And no, that greenish piece of ink deserves to be forgotten and the motive unmentioned.

• Locked thread