Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Skwirl posted:

What restaurants don't auto-grat on large tables? I've never worked at one that didn't and I've never eaten in one with 6 or more people that didn't. I worked at one restaurant where the tips were so lovely that we changed our policy from auto gratuity with 6 or more, to auto gratuity with 5 or more.

Mine has auto-grat as an option, but doing so is entirely up to the discretion of the the server. 90% of them don't for whatever reason. I don't understand it but I'm just a lowly busser/barback so what do I know. :v: I mean it still hurts me re: tip outs, but not as directly as the servers themselves.

Also god dammit anime convention people who swarmed us for all of Labor Day weekend in addition to the normal Labor Day crowds, you were doing so well until today. 5 dollar tip on a 150 dollar check, gently caress everyone at that table. I bought that poor girl a drink after we were cut for that, what a lousy table that was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

No guys, I totally wanted to re-arrange the back half of my restaurant for cocktail-style mingling and stay two hours longer than usual only to have 8 of the 40 you had on the books show up. Thats totally great.

:suicide:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Nope! But I'm just a busser so I do what I'm told and just bitch about it with the equally pissed off servers after the fact.

They all had maybe $20 checks each too. What a shitshow that was.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Mezzanon posted:

Everybody in the industry enjoy your one day off today!

I got two! Then I'm on for seven, one of which is new years eve. :smith:

Pray for Mojo.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

AA is for Quitters posted:

Same. Apparently NYE is not as bad as the last three weeks, because while we do 800 or so it's almost all two tops, with occasional 3-4 tops for families with kids.

And we are open on New years day this year.

We're pretty much the polar opposite. The last few weeks weren't bad barring larger holiday parties every now and then, Wednesday was pretty hellish, and NYE is one of our biggest nights outside St. Patties. It's great money but I'll sleep like the dead afterwards.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

HogX posted:

What shoes do you guys wear? I work in a dog grooming salon as a bather, and I'm on my feet 8 hours a day 5 days a week, gotta move from tub to table to kennels, and pick up dogs of all sizes. I used to go with new balance, but I wear 'em out in about 2 months now and I've been getting knee pain with 'em. I figure you guys would probably be able to give me some good brands to check out.

I use these and I love them, throw a good insole in them and they're wonderful. I usually go through a pair in 6-8 months.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The proper name is The Reason I Drink. Many things have that name.

Since we're a slightly fancier sports bar we're not doing anything special, maybe putting some different beers on tap and some last-minute special cooked up by our KM. We're usually not amazingly busy for it but we'll get a few of our regular couples in and maybe some parents with their kids earlier in the night.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Who the gently caress thinks its a good idea to bring 20 screaming ten year olds to a restaurant on Valentine's Day.

We weren't super busy when it happened but gently caress me. Crayons and menus and spills everywhere and the parents just ignored the little shits. I want to find whoever made that reservation and roundhouse kick them in the head.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Thanks Hilton down the road for sending an entire huge-rear end convention specifically to us when you closed your bar for the night.

Nah don't give us a heads up or anything it's not like it was 11 and we'd already sent 80% of the staff home we're fine. We love cutting off half the people who walk through the door and serving a single drink to the other half.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Eating steak and drinking cocktails on Mother's Day because its also my birthday, occasionally getting texts from co-workers calling me a bastard.

I live for this day every five years or so.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

bentacos posted:

So they can bitch about the table not being clean.

This. It's always this. Even if I'm sprinting out there with a towel to wipe it down they love to give the stinkeye and ask for it to be cleaned.

Like no dude I'm gonna engage in sone locker room mischief with you I'm really good at snapping this thing.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

iospace posted:

BOH sucks, FOH sucks. Welcome to the suck, bitches!

Everything sucks and this is why we drink. I thought that was basic knowledge.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

mindphlux posted:

no no it's ok :) I just want to wash :) my body :) :) in lye :) and lay/// down //// / for/// /a/minu//t;e/////////////////;/////////

How did you find out about my post-St. Patty's plans?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Our hood system is hosed! :saddowns:

Its alright I didn't want to actually make money today. Its whiskey day instead.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

I like sours though.

Sours are great but they don't move for poo poo because good sours are hard to find. Most of the time they taste like piss vinegar. It's the gose problem, a good gose is sublime but you get asshats that just dump a ton of salt into there and now you have a lovely saltbeer.

That's a pretty terrible spread though. Three taps is really hard to cover all your bases with, but going into spring I'd do a hoppy handle (an IPA, a pale, maybe an IRA), a blonde/lager/pils handle, and keep the third a wildcard to throw a dark or saison or something on.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I think you should just have 3 sours.

That being said I would do
Hoppy IPA (poo poo beer)
Stupid wheat beer
Rodenbach Gran Cru (it's always good)

I like you. Let's be friends drink until our hearts stop be friends.

The stars somehow aligned and I'm off on St. Patty's. I will spend it drinking at home like a sane and rational human being.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Shabadu posted:

Anderson Valley Gose should be ubiquitous and nation wide. Almost every major regional brewery is doing a Gose or Berliner Weiss these days, could give better recommendations based on where you are.

God yea. The Kimmie, The Yink, and The Holy Gose is the full name. They have a blood orange one too thats the tops.

Beyond that find a good local brewery that does sours. If you ever get to Portland go to Cascade Brewing, its seriously some of the best beer I've ever had and I get down there as often as I can. All small batch limited run sours, and their house-made pickles are the poo poo.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Pickles are awesome and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

For more Northwest goodness, I've got a bottle of Baird & DeWar farmhouse waiting for a special occasion to crack it open.

Mazama has a great Cherry Blossom. Ethereal does some good tart meads like Grumpy Troll.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

86 Let Us B. Oats guys.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Stuntman posted:

I'm more partial to Mt. Gay.

That's on me. :saddowns: Mount Gay is too long to write in the middle of a dinner rush!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Watched the first two seconds to see if it was what I thought it was and instantly heard the scream in my head. I'm so glad our BoH is smart about keeping poo poo clean and has been accident-free. Well... except for the one guy who totally wasn't doing knife tricks you guys and mysteriously sliced his arm open in the dishpit one day. But he was a stupid teenager and every restaurant has one of those. :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Recoome posted:

FOH rulez, BOH droolz

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

A Man and his dog posted:

Whose ready for some Easter service tomorrow !

Gonna have mimosas and eggs benny at brunch then go in for a slow night like every year. Hell yeah.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

iospace posted:

So who's ready for Mother's Day morning service!

I am! :nutshot:

They took me off Sundays so gently caress all y'all. :v:

Knowing me I'll be out back on for just Sunday that turns out to be super lovely and I make no money!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Thumposaurus posted:

Make it the GM.

Give it partial ownership.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I need to start buying shittier pens. Every time I drop a check I get a "oh this is a nice pen!" Then sure as poo poo I don't have my nice pens anymore.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Willie Tomg posted:

You'll pry my ritual double shot n' brew from my cold, whiskey-shivering hands.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Willie Tomg posted:

The accounting position was filled for a week. Just found out.

I don't mind the "no". I've been hearing "no" my entire loving life, I don't seriously expect anything to get better ever. What hurts is that a boy with soft hands looked me in the eye and claimed with a straight face that "it was really busy and we forgot" when by any standard those of us in the stained and tattered uniforms were far, far busier and yet I still found the few minutes every other day to follow up on the position.

Aw, no, but you see it was the bosses going away party and then we had an outing. Can't tell a guy if his life is finally going to be worth living, we're too busy going fun places and getting drunk on company time.

People say "death to america" a lot these days but when it really comes from the loving heart...

Willie Tomg posted:

You'll pry my ritual double shot n' brew from my cold, whiskey-shivering hands.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Getting a metal plate in my chest Thursday. :black101:

CdC slowly working on turning himself into an actual Cuisinart.

Stay safe, cyborg chef.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

My summer has been slow as poo poo because the city is tearing up and repaving the area we use for our patio! :suicide:

Right before the biggest rod run in the city that ends right at our doorstep! :suicide: :suicide:

• Locked thread