Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Speaking of STC has there been any thoughts on getting even just the main Sonic stories from Edgemont/Fleetway and compiling them Legacy style?

Also, I remember that Megaman X stories were largely dependent on the success of the comic so is it safe to say we've made it as far as MM is concenred?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Given how much of a disaster the games were and how CN is treating the cartoon (which is a solid 'meh' on the grand scale of things). I'm wondering if Boom is going to get written off by the event.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Chris-Chan will have the final laugh if that happens!

What's he got to do with it?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Jus' so we're on the same page, this is the sonichu guy we're talking about, right?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Zoe posted:

I sure an glad Mega Man fans are pretty normal overall. Even when looking the internet as a whole, Sonic got the lion's share of the bugfuck crazies.

One thing I noticed during the Sonic crossover, all the letters to the editor about Mega Man were questions like '[some robot] is so awesome, when will they show up?' while a lot of the Sonic stuff was straight up shipping.
Eh, despite some anger issues (a lot of it justified), the MM fandom usually has other things to do than be hang up on the stuff that brought the worst out of the sonic fandom.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

cartoons123 posted:

Actually, apparently sometime in 2009, they did try to get the license for nintendo games the same time they were getting the capcom license but Nintendo said no. They actually have some concept art: http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=134338
I wouldn't be surprised if that story was some version of Nintendo saw the whole Penders to-do and figured they were gold with Viz putting out Pokemon Adventure and the Zelda Manga.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That and Archie Eggman, who, and let's not mince words, is a piece of work and a half (so much that Wily wants nothing to do with him after he tries to murder Light) is the one to do it is just the exclamation point to the Sagas run.

More or less, Eggman Won and murdered a hell of a lot of people some of which readers actually liked.

And then there's the legend that is EL GRAN GORDO.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jan 3, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Zoe posted:

Yeah, that was the greatest holy poo poo moment and a highlight of the crossover for me. In the Mega Man comics you can't help but like Wily no matter what ridiculous scheme he's on about, Robotnik on the other hand (sorry I can never get used to calling him 'Eggman' is apparently the puppy-kicking sort of Evil with a capital 'E' .

But of course let's not forget that his actions directly led to this image of Dr. Light being a badass:

So all is forgiven.
Really I have two thoughts on things re: archie Sonic/Megaman

1) Will Archie Eggman eventually soften to his game counterpart? Cause I really like Archie / SATam Eggman just being a sociopath (or whatever his major malfunction is) as I like game Eggman being just left of Starscream in terms of danger.

2) Will any attempt to get the MMBN universe involved be blocked by Viz's ownership of the NT Warrior licence?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
To get to the point (because the Retcon cleaned alot of the slate on the matter), Eggman in the comics is more ruthless than the Games would paint him as. How much of that has been erased due to the retcon is anyone's guess but what we do know is a) The Roboticizer was a thing and b) the people who were working for him know it was a big deal and basically work with him to avoid being on the working end of it.

He also isn't above outright murder (Though that was the Crossover so we'll see if that sticks) so there's that.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 10, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Also that another dimension stuff is moot because of the retcon.

Metal Loaf posted:

(STC Stuff)

Yep. That happened. Brittish Comics are weird. (:scotland:) oddly enough Snively was to be STC Robotnik's assistant untill something (probably legal) fell though and Grimer become a thing.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 11, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Which really sucks cuz I bought all of Worlds' Collide for my Christmas Trip.

Gonna hold back and see what the extra books are before I go for this.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
We're counting Smash 4 in the MM cannon now?

Besides that the issue's pretty darn great from what I've thumbed though.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Zoe posted:

I wish they didn't take so long to put these collections together, I was waiting a looong time to buy Redemption and now it looks like I've got to get through some X storyline before I get to Crying Mega Man.

I can just never bring myself to buy single issues, it really bugs me having them all floating around, even digitally.

They're DRM free now and come in the super handy CBR/Z format so it's a bit of work (and slightly more expensive) but if you rock a decent comic reader program (or a tablet or a 4.5 inch or bigger phone) then you can just unzip those and put them in an unofficial GN Volume.

Heck, now that I think about it, that would be pretty neat as you could put the covers and letters page to the back and have it just go in one continuous story stream.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Feb 7, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

YggiDee posted:

This may be a dumb question but what is the best way to get these comics digitally? Like, between Comixpedia, Amazon, Google Books, iTunes and the Archie website I'm not sure what I should be going with. I got a few issues from Kobo but the desktop reader is a little awkward for comic books and they keep trying to sync with my e-reader.

Comixology, ether read online, use the app or download the DRM Free copies they provide and do as you will with that.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
If that comes to be any where near half of how awesome it could be.... :vince:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Persona 4 : The Ultimate Hamburger in Riversdale Arena (Featuring Dante From The Devil May Cry Series)

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It does strike me as the work of people who know the comic they're working on is on the Knacker Car and they're just running the clock down to get a pay-check.

It could have been worse, Eyepatch Dood was to have a bigger role before Ian punted the idea from a great height.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 30, 2015

• Locked thread