Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I used to read Archie all the drat time as a kid. Often when traveling internationally I'd buy double digests and whatever to occupy my time on the plane. I even bought the comic where Betty and Veronica go to West Edmonton Mall, which was exciting for me since I had just moved to Edmonton at the time and asked my parents if we could go to a special they were appearing at for the mall. I remember New Archie. Sheesh.

Haven't read it in a long while, like a decade+. I might actually check things out again. And that cover of Life with Archie is beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm reading Life with Archie right now, with that very cover in fact (which is awesome) and you know what, yeah it is kinda harsh in terms of putting challenging life situations for the characters. But I am preferring this to the superhero nonsense. I think a change of pace is a good idea.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

tvb posted:

It's amazing how a franchise that most people probably think of as very square and old-fashioned is willing to go so completely off the wall with its own universe.

After reading Life with Archie, I'm glad they take chances. It's good stuff. I'd say they're doing well with the theme of Archie being a small town in America, now in modern times facing challenges.

• Locked thread