Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Figured I'd drop by here and throw this out in case anyone is interested. My bud Gareth runs a site and he interviews people who work on the Sonic series from time to time. Soon he'll be interviewing Tracy Yardley, who has done great art for the Sonic series in addition to the Mega Man series. I'm not too certain that he gets interviewed all that often, so I thought some Goons might have some questions I could pass along that he might be able to ask Tracy. This will eventually wind up in a podcast called "The Super Power Flower Hour", which generally has a very casual tone. He's previously interviewed Ian Flynn which was actually a pretty good listen.

So basically if you have any questions to ask Tracy that aren't "Is there a dartboard at Archie with Pender's face on it?" I could pass them to my friend and get back to you on the answer if asked. We're really looking to get some good questions from fans of his work that go beyond "How did you get your start/what's your favorite character to draw/etc." Gareth and I are also planning on something to benefit Tracy (if you've read Tracy's DeviantART journals you can probably figure it out) but we're still nailing down some specifics.

I really hope this post doesn't seem like an ad but I don't know of many places with Archie Sonic/Megaman fans that aren't, well. You know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

ElPottoGrande posted:

Silly me, referencing his official bio, right?

While I could go on at length, I worry it might come across as complaining, and that's not a smart thing to do for a man in my position. It's just the nature of the biz - their property, their rules. Sometimes they're clarifying. Sometimes they make us invent something new that comes out better than what we'd originally planned.

I guess one harmless example: in Sonic Universe #1, Shadow gets booted into the ocean by Metal Sonic. He flails around a bit until he's rescued by Blaze and Marine aboard the Ocean Tornado. The note I got back from SEGA was that Shadow shouldn't struggle in the water - he's an excellent swimmer. And I'm like: "Well, come to think of it, I don't think we've ever seen in him a water-level, and he is the "Ultimate Lifeform," so alright. Mea culpa."

I wonder if that was incorporated into the Olympics games in any way. I haven't played an entry since the first one a few years back.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Discendo Vox posted:

So what's up with this Sonic reboot I've heard about? Continuity reboots are a great way to lose an existing audience's investment in the universe-what brought this on?

Thankfully most fans seem to be pretty on board with what the comic has become (some are still sad about losing stories they've read all their lives of course), I've picked up a couple issues since the reboot and I'm pretty pleased with it.

Also hilariously Penders released a new image from his upcoming ORIGINAL THE CHARACTER: THE COMIC and it's totally not ripping off SEGA characters guys

• Locked thread