Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
When did Penders start all this Echinda nonsense? Because I thought that all played pretty heavily in Sonic Adventure back in 98 as well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Well I meant in-game universe. Though to be fair, I thought in Sonic 3, it was even implied that Knuckles was a descendant of some lost people, tasked with protecting the chaos emeralds.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I just thought it should be pointed out to those interested that something worth reading has suddenly happened over in the thread for Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood over in the LP subforum...

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Man, I don't know how I ever missed out on all the EC merchandise. They even had weird choose-your-own-adventures books iirc. I only recently learned the lore for what happens post game CD version. Stuff like how there's like a good half dozen characters working together and surviving, and how a few of them got their freak on together.

Tell me the comics included profiles for the secret characters. No, the other secret characters...

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

MykonosFan posted:

I wonder if that was incorporated into the Olympics games in any way. I haven't played an entry since the first one a few years back.

IIRC from what I've heard, Sega was very strict about their characters' strengths and weaknesses, so I'm sure so. I do recall that for the water games, Sonic had to use water wings :3:

Gavok posted:

The Eternal Champions comic came out around the time of the first game, so sadly, there was no Senator or owl for the writers to play around with.

That's a shame. The owl, surprisingly, is part of the official lore for post-CD ending, as well as Thanatos, the grim reaper character. I always wished Sega had kept the promise from the box of the Saturn and made a third game. I'm assuming they lost interest in the franchise after X-Terminators did so badly.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Whatever happens in the book can't compare to This Version of grown up Archie. I'm really not sure why they thought making it a sex-comedy was a good idea.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

oh sure, but that is pretty far removed from the 90's tv movie I linked to, where the gang is all grown up and goes back to Riverdale for a high school reunion, and "zany" adult situations ensue, like Archie having now three woman chasing him at the same time with zero subtlety in regards to the sex part of it. I also remember a dumb bit where Jughead does this "rap" version of "Sugar, Sugar" to impress his son. It was embarrassing at the time, so you can imagine how painful it is now.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Not going to lie, written today, a gender-swapped Archie might be an interesting read. Also, I like the Archie that's wearing The Shield's outfit. Also Also, I'm pretty sure I had several issues of li'l Archie down in the lower left there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Admittedly not quite what I had in mind.

• Locked thread