Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
So what's up with this Sonic reboot I've heard about? Continuity reboots are a great way to lose an existing audience's investment in the universe-what brought this on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm pretty nervous about the possibility of doing something very interesting with this many characters and universes.

vvv Yeah, that exactly.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 26, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

ElNarez posted:

It's super cute and fun, and it's good to see Fiona Staples drawing something other than a dragon sucking its own dick.

?!?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

Also if Archie does go under(since they've had a lot of problems lately), who do you think would buy up their stuff?

Penders. :black101: :unsmigghh:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

AUGH I clicked on the link to his twitter page. NSFW that poo poo.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

There needs to be a Justice League of comic book creators that have gone completely insane. Steve Ditko, Dave Sim, Frank Miller, Ken Penders...who else would be there? I'm tempted to put Ennis on the shortlist- he's gonna crack any day now.

Say Nothing posted:

Did you accidentally see an echidna in a slingshot bikini?

I saw some art, which was bad enough, but I also saw Ken Penders. What is with comic books?!? Do publishers periodically expose randomly selected writers to massive doses of mercury and radiation?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

FilthyImp posted:

I don't know how poo poo Archie's contracts were, but any not-retarded comic company would include a fairly explicit Work for Hire clause about characters no?

Contracts were lost in a fire/flood. That's the source of this whole stupid mess.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

brb, I'm going to sue Sega for exclusive rights to Shade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Crossposting from the Sonic games thread.

• Locked thread