Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Argue posted:

Did something new and Crisis-like happen? I picked up the crossover because I love crossovers but I'm not really inclined to keep following the regular series.

Yes, but unlike most Crisii this is for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Ther character in the lower right corner is property of SEGA, the rest are ORIGINAL CHARACTERS that Ken Penders created. Ken Penders still claims he created Evil Sonic (Sonic but with a leather jacket, and bad) but the court said "No, that's stupid. You're stupid. Get out."

I love the thread that picture emerged from :allears: it even had Ian and Dubs show up for it, which definitely made for an interesting ride.

I also love the little reference Dub gave back to it as a sign it really was him.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Oct 12, 2013

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So, Penders has been hinting on the twitters that he's going to launch another Lawsuit at Archie.

http://www.tssznews.com/2015/10/20/ken-penders-hints-second-lawsuit-in-tweet/

So the assumed reason is that Archie hasn't been reprinting any comics with 'his' characters or using them in stories. Which I don't think Archie is legally obligated to do, they're only legally obligated to pay him if they do them.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

wait.

Is that the insane sonic guy.

The insane sonic guy who in the first issue of his 'new comic' used a panel from the existing archie sonic comic.

Oh man while I was looking for the image as proof I found this http://so-many-monsters.tumblr.com/post/79530429781/i-have-a-right-to-be-offended-by-this

Here's the image, the echidna in the hat who is either Remington or knuckles or I don't care. What was his reaction to being called out on literal plagerisim? "Do you know how hard it is to do a comic on your own?"

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

These first few issues are written by Mike Gallagher, who is great, because he's treating the sonic concept with all the seriousness it deserves. It's when Ken Penders becomes a writer you have to start worrying.

Also, for those unaware, on the lead up to the World Collide crossover, 4chan's /co/ did a marathon read through of the entire comic, including specials, it was accurately charted in this image.

You may find yourself needing this in the future

And this

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Zoe posted:

So are they just never going to put together another Mega Man collection or what? Redemption was released January of last year, I want the whole series and I've been waiting patiently for the next one for a very long time.

They still have the license but uh... most likely case is the collections weren't selling all that well.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

Worth mentioning that another former Sonic writer has decided to sue Archie and Sega over the rights to their old characters(probably at the behest of Penders), hopefully Archie can take care of this before Sega gets mad at them again

As I've mentioned, this is a case of literally just someone looking for a pay day. Scott Fulop has done NOTHING since working at Archie, of which he was a writer for very few issues but an editor for many more. He only founded this company a month ago, and then purchased the rights to Mammoth Mogul etc. and now using that to sue Archie. A competent Lawyer would get this thrown out for the joke it is.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

I thought Michael Gallagher created Mammoth Mogul anyway?

He probably did, but Scott Fulop purchased the rights to him. Of course he was only the writer on like... 2 issues, he was an editor for many more, so maybe he's making his claim as "I came up with these characters for the writers"?

It's all dumb, it's an obvious money grab. I think his main flaw was suing Sega as well. Archie may have financial trouble and would probably suffer to get this handled. Sega on the other hand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Kurui Reiten posted:

Issue is, Sega might be like "Look, just give him what he wants, it's not like you use those characters anyway". They already essentially rolled over for Penders because he was too much trouble, and they don't really need the comics. Archie, on the other hand, could definitely use the continued income, and having Sega shrug again and be like "oh well" could do a good amount of damage.

At least, the way I understand it.

Well the penders thing is a misunderstanding, Archie sued HIM, not the other way around. And Penders two attempts to Sue Sega were thrown out.

• Locked thread