Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

My god, that was even more amazing than I had hoped. I vaguely recall seeing advertisements for some of these plotlines in contemporary digest releases (Second-hand copies of which were really the only source of Archie comics I had access to), but seeing it all laid out is just a gas.

If only for bits like this:

Argue posted:

(fun fact: why does Jughead like Pickens Park so much? Probably because HE--yes, he, Jughead Jones--is in fact Colonel Pickens, the very same Civil War hero the park was named after.)

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

If they keep even one smidgen of their ultra loose continuity in the upcoming reboot, by god do I hope it's everything related to Jughead's Time Police. I mean, that is pure gold right there. Pure gold.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The Kins posted:

Nina from Breath of Fire (apparently repping the entire BOF3 player party).

Don't sell her short, she's probably repping the entire zombie of a franchise. :sigh:

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Endless Mike posted:

I guess Street Fighter being an UDON license doesn't much matter. Now I really want that Final Fight vs. Archie comic. Gavok, go pitch it.

poo poo, make it about Mike Haggar running for Mayor of Riverdale and I'll buy ten copies.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

So they definitely changed it from Flutesnoot, then. I was wondering about that, like maybe Flutesnoot was a nickname or whatever.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

There's also a Reggie miniseries that's currently ongoing. Fair warning, I think it's safe to say none of the other ongoings reaches the level of Archie proper. Jughead has its moments, though.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

So perfectly in-line with both companies' M.O.s, is what you're saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Argue posted:

It's on "hiatus" which I assume is code for canned. The issue that came out a week or two ago is the last for a while.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that you're right, but it's worth noting periodic hiatuses are much more of a thing these days. Saga in particular goes on hiatus constantly.

• Locked thread