Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Can someone tell me what the hell is wrong with the Archie Comics shipping schedules? I've been waiting months on a new issue of The Shield. The Black Hood and Hangman also have wacky schedules. I'm really digging the Dark Circle books but the shipping schedule is insane. The Shield is the best one though and we've had two issues since October. That's just not working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

For anyone who might be interested, Comixology has 50% off all Archie through Sunday, including the horror, sonic/megaman, and superhero lines. Coupon code ARCHIE

I actually saw this the other day and spent $30 on the entire new Archie series based on the word I'd heard about it. It's really really good. I'm contemplating getting the other titles as well. So what is the full New Archie line? Betty & Veronica, Jughead, and Josie & The Pussycats? Is that it?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Is Archie being a gigantic klutz and screw up a carry over from the old comics? My entry point to Archie was pretty much Afterlife when I heard the buzz for it. But I have to say Archie crashing and burning at every job he gets is one of my favorite running gags ever. I could read a whole issue of Archie job montages.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

drrockso20 posted:

Near as I can tell it is, although it had been downplayed a lot in more modern comics till the reboot

Also someone should post the ice cream fire scene, that one is my favorite

Oh man I laughed so hard that. "HOW???"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'll definitely go back through your posts.

On a separate note, as a big Afterlife fan and newly converted New Archie fan I really loved Riverdale. I don't have as much time with the characters as some of you in this thread do but I think they kinda nailed all the characterization. For some reason I had it in my head that Veronica was going to be the antagonist of the series and a lot of the friction would come from that and I'm happy to see from episode one that doesn't seem like the case at all. I like that Betty and Veronica are kinda of like instantly friends. Also the actress that plays Betty is really good.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Endless Mike posted:

I mean, I would never, ever expect Archie to be sleeping with Ms. Grundy in the comics. She's clearly drawn to be much older, while TV Grundy barely looks older than the high schoolers. (Granted, given how these things are cast, she might be five years older than the actors at most.)

She's actually 15 years older than the kid playing Archie believe it or not. He's 19, she's 34. That's probably more than the age difference is even supposed to be in the show as I figured she was supposed to be a younger teacher in her mid twenties.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

biracial bear for uncut posted:

So wait, the show actually features statutory rape and nobody is freaking out about it?

Maybe because it's a story on a TV show and not a real thing happening in the real world. I also didn't call the police when Jason Blossom turned up with a gunshot wound to the head.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Speaking of Riverdale, I think you should make a thread for it in TVIV Argue if you're still watching. I think you'd make a fine OP with all your Archie knowledge. And it seems to be getting a bigger and bigger following in the Couch Chat thread so I'd imagine it's about time for its own dedicated thread.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Argue posted:

Yessss my word on all things Archie is now officially law.

Yeah I wasn't planning to originally but there seems to be enough interest in the general TV chat thread now. I'm on vacation at the moment but I can make the thread if the interested parties can wait two weeks.

I think it'll need to be made sooner than that. But if someone else makes it I'd still like you post some of your trivia every so often. I read through all your posts in the thread and they're fantastic.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gonna be honest, I know people were head over heals for Fiona Staples on Archie but I think Veronica Fish was the best artist by far on the book and I miss her. Joe Eisma is fine too, but Fish's issues looked the best to me. Derek Charm's Jughead is great too. The Sabrina issues looked really good.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If the Sabrina one is along the lines of her recent appearance in Jughead I'd be interested in that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

WB and Archie are going in big together. They apparently view Riverdale as a big success and are looking to adapt more properties.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/archie-comics-signs-development-deal-warner-bros-tv-975805

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

So what you're saying is Mr. Lodge and Betty will gently caress Zatanna Zatanna Zatanna Zatanna.

More accurate.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Afterlife with Archie goes on hiatus after every issue.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I've been waiting on an issue of The Shield for how long now? What's that? You've never heard of The Shield? Well it's a good comic that literally comes out like once a year so I'm not surprised you've never heard of it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I know. I just wish I could've gotten one arc at least.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't think it's really a bluff when the writer actually says he's not killing anyone in interviews about it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Argue posted:

Good to see that Ian Flynn is still getting work from Archie--he's working on a new Dark Circle title.

The Shield was great and it's severe lack of actually coming out means I'm not trying this even though I really want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

drrockso20 posted:

Speaking of Archie screwing up, anyone got that panel from the first issue of the reboot where Archie somehow sets ice cream on fire?

• Locked thread