Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Pleasant Friend posted:

Edit- Oh and here's a spoiler filled review of the final 2 chapters of Worlds Collide.
http://www.destructoid.com/impressions-sonic-mega-man-worlds-collide-10-12-259049.phtml

The whole crossover I think is just a really great rollercoster ride all the way through, I really recommend it to anyone interested in the characters, they set it up so anybody can just pick it up without any knowledge of the prior issues in mind.

I have a limited knowledge of Sonic the Hedgehog (stopped caring after the first Dreamcast game) and I thought the crossover was insanely entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Macaluso posted:

I haven't kept up with it in years, but I know the guy doing the majority of the art for the Sonic comics is really great. Tracy Yardley. It really captures the style better than uh well

Yardley is good when it comes to the Sonic characters, but his Mega Man looked kinda bad.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Pleasant Friend posted:

Speaking of Megaman, here is a preview for issue #28
http://www.destructoid.com/dr-wily-wets-himself-in-mega-man-28-259441.phtml
Probably the most dark issue of Megaman yet.

Yeah, seriously. Not only because of Break Man accidentally blasting Roll and going "OH poo poo! What have I done?!" but for the stuff at the end outright showing us that lots of people are going to die and no amount of coming back and saving the day from Mega Man will stop it.

Also, I have a review of the Worlds Collide crossover here.

Gavok fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Aug 12, 2013

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Unlucky7 posted:

Said Raccoon girl is also the most annoying character in the Sonic universe. Someone post the gag comic with her and the Detective dude from the Mega Man comics. That's her in a microcosm

Yeah, I don't know the Sonic comics at all, but that gag comic made it pretty clear.

Raccoon Girl: :words: :words: :words:
Grizzled Detective: :stare:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Yeah, Afterlife with Archie is definitely worth a look.

What I really like is how even though there's blood, the fact that it's still an Archie comic holds back from showing outright gore. The only biting we see is Zombie Hotdog biting Jughead's arm. It makes it that much more tense in the end.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Afterlife with Archie #2 has the best cliffhanger image.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

TwoPair posted:

I never thought I'd be buying an Archie comic, writing them off as the hokiest of the hokey, but here I am, reading about motherfucking undead Jughead.

He's not undead. He just... He just took a bad batch of steroids is all. :ohdear:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

ElPottoGrande posted:

I can't speak for the entirety of the development team, but as for me, I wasn't a huge fan. STC did some neat stuff, sure. And some of the interior art is absolutely gorgeous. I'm not saying STC was bad or inferior, it just wasn't my cup of tea.

This talk of Sonic the Comic makes me want to see an Archie-published Eternal Champions. Kids today need to be able to read about Larcen Tyler.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Choco1980 posted:

Man, I don't know how I ever missed out on all the EC merchandise. They even had weird choose-your-own-adventures books iirc. I only recently learned the lore for what happens post game CD version. Stuff like how there's like a good half dozen characters working together and surviving, and how a few of them got their freak on together.

Tell me the comics included profiles for the secret characters. No, the other secret characters...

The Eternal Champions comic came out around the time of the first game, so sadly, there was no Senator or owl for the writers to play around with.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The latest Mega Man is kind of sad. Dr. Wily's so close to choosing to reform, but turns away and the history of the franchise shows us that he will never come closer.

Well, other than the time he cured the robo-influenza.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

TwoPair posted:

...that he created.

Right, but it still means something that he chose to leave the cure in his hospital bed after Mega Man saved his life.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Archie Meets Predator coming this spring.

I... what? :stare:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Man, I really hope none of the Capcom bigwigs see Mega Man crying on the cover of the latest issue or Flynn's run is screwed. :ohdear:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Blockhouse posted:

Sooo, Worlds Unite?

Not just a Sonic/Mega Man crossover.

Henshin a-go-goly poo poo!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Monaghan posted:

I would love to see dante in this thing, but it probably won't happen.

"If only I could have filled Dr. Light's soul... WITH LIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Too bad Final Fight is wrapped up with Street Fighter, making it a UDON property. We'd be one step closer to a comic where Mike Haggar, Cody Travers and Guy rid Riverdale of the Mad Gear.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Endless Mike posted:

I guess Street Fighter being an UDON license doesn't much matter. Now I really want that Final Fight vs. Archie comic. Gavok, go pitch it.

"Archie, there is an entire pot roast in this otherwise empty oil drum! THIS IS AMAZING!"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

They found an Archie crossover even more ridiculous than Predator.

:psyduck:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

SynthOrange posted:

wait.

Is that the insane sonic guy.

Nah, he's staying out of this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

TwoPair posted:

Who's got the license to Street Fighter comics these days? Surprised they haven't snapped up Mega Man since they've got a working relationship with Capcom.

UDON has Street Fighter. They just started doing a new ongoing for the first time in like 6 years the other day after trying sporadic graphic novel releases. They also have a GI Joe crossover coming up.

• Locked thread