Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Yeah adding zombies to things is beyond played out now but the creative team and that preview means I'll give it at least one shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Well I've never read an Archie book before but I really enjoyed it. It felt very much like Paranorman in that it managed to be packed full of horror film references without ever being too adult for a "kids book". I'm interested to see how far it manages to "push things" especially since they've already reached the "infection at party" phase.

Also it's the first book in a while where I've felt that the colouring has really fitted Franco's art.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Issue 3 and I am still blown away how good and scarily brutal a book about Archie and zombies continues to be.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

I am down with whatever crazy stuff Aguirre-Sacasa wants to do. Afterlife with Archie just continues to be great while still constantly having a feeling of "this really shouldn't exist". Like last weeks issue was easily one of the best small encapsulation of zombie horror in years while still being an Archie book that's attempting to push just how far it can go.

If you told me six months ago that one of the best books around would include Archie beating his father to death with a baseball bat I would have laughed it off as Deviant art levels of crazy fan fiction.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Yeah after the way Afterlife With Archie turned out I'm down with what they want to do, especially moving away from zombie horror even though my gut reaction is still :stare:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Thanks for that. Having never properly read Archie before this the majority of the references flew over my head.

Really strong issue to come back on, hopefully won't be too many delays and they manage to continue on living in a post apocalyptic world without falling into The Walking Dead trap.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Dunbar posted:

Afterlife with Archie is one of the best books going right now, but where is my Sabrina #2? :(

Think it's pushed back to January now. Possibly because they tried to rush it to have issue 1 out for Halloween. At least that's what I hope, both it and Afterlife are great books being suffered with a lot of delays. The Waid/Staples Archie also looks great so I hope it's not saddled with the same delays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Archie was pretty much the perfect book until it ended on "don't forget to join the conversation on Twitter @archiecomics #lipstickincident #brands" rather than logically keeping that for the letter pages. I know it broke the 4th wall throughout but c'mon.

• Locked thread