Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Much like his daughter, Mr. Lodge being a nice guy is something that happened over time as new writers softened the characters. As originally conceived he's an irredeemable snob and greedy prick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That seems a bit hasty.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yeah I didn't wanna say, but it's very WB.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

There's the line. And they crossed it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

biracial bear for uncut posted:

If anybody can figure out a way to make it work, Paul Dini can.

So what you're saying is Mr. Lodge and Betty will gently caress.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CottonWolf posted:

I'm always surprised that companies are game for these kind of crossovers. I'd have naively imagined that the IP stuff would be such a hassle to make it not worth it.

It's literally a case of "do you have some rear end in a top hat in senior management who holds a grudge/is overprotective of the company's 'image'?" If the answer is no you can do whatever.

It doesn't hurt that companies have started to realize that people will pay any amount of money for something that has two of their favorite brands in it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Roth posted:

That's Bruce Timm

I dunno, there was that one Batman Beyond episode that was directed by Paul Dini and they pretty strongly implied that poo poo. I think they're both way into it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yes I did mean written. I remembered it as "the Paul Dini episode". It's the one with Ras, and one of the few genuinely great Beyond episodes. God I wish that show lived up to its premise more.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

So apparently IDW now has the Sonic license, so I guess we'll need a new thread for the Sonic comics when they start publishing them

How does IDW keep getting all the licenses anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That updated Wendy design is loathsome. Not because I'm attached to the original one, but it's such an uninspired COOL KID look. It's like someone made an OC for their Teen Titans fan comic.

• Locked thread