Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

ol qwerty bastard posted:

No discussion about kitchen incompetence and oil fires would be complete without this classic video, wherein a drugged-up Montrealer attempts to make banana juice. By melting the bananas. It goes almost as poorly as you'd expect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKaqaToa4mQ

e: Wait, this isn't the one with the big fire; which one is that? Anyone remember?

e2: Well here, a compilation of his various fires:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_YXN8PiFNM

Wait, he's cooking meat on his toilet? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

JHomer722 posted:

pull up a chair, you are in for a treat

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

WoodrowSkillson posted:

pull up a chair, you are in for a treat

But I don't want toilet meat...

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Pope Corky the IX posted:

But I don't want toilet meat...

I would not eat it here or there
I would not eat it anywhere

I would not eat it in the john
I would not eat it 'til it's gone

I would not eat it off the seat
I do not like your toilet meat

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Random Stranger posted:

he dropped a giant handful of french fries into the oil from about a foot above the pot.

my brother goes, "Oh god! Fire!" and tries to yank the pot off the burner.

He's grabbed my fire extinguisher and pulls the pin. I shout, "DON'T!" since if you've ever had to clean up after a fire extinguisher, you don't want to repeat the experience.

Sounds like the first step in a kitchen emergency should be to shove your brother out of the kitchen.

Also, good thing you didn't find out the fire extinguisher was a dud when you really needed it!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Oldstench posted:

What the gently caress is $rape and $rapex2?

To some people a $50 one time investment is a lot of money you see

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

THAT'S MY PURSE! I DON'T KNOW YEW!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Sounds like the first step in a kitchen emergency should be to shove your brother out of the kitchen.

Also, good thing you didn't find out the fire extinguisher was a dud when you really needed it!

The irony is that he was staying with me after he got out of the Navy where he was on a special shipboard emergency team. I think it's a small miracle that all the aircraft carriers haven't burned down. :v:

And FWIW, I wound up replacing the extinguisher rather than getting it recharged since I couldn't trust the gauge.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
This all brings back such wonderful memories of that time my neighbors lit their stove on fire because it was covered in burger grease and one of them left paper towels lying around or something. I still wish I had known at the time the microphone wasn't picking up the audio that well, I was able to hear it perfectly :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txq74aYYAos

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

A definition of schadenfreude

via http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/2014/11/18/faceplant-3/

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Random Stranger posted:

And FWIW, I wound up replacing the extinguisher rather than getting it recharged since I couldn't trust the gauge.

What probably happened was that the stuff inside of it was compacted down and wasn't able to come out. With normal dry chemical extinguishers, you're supposed to shake them once a month to stop that from happening.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

That ain't schadenfreude unless the kid gets up and kicks the violently-sore-loser in the balls.

Also, I loving knew it: happened in Russia.

http://deadspin.com/sore-loser-table-tennis-kid-just-straight-shoves-umpire-1660871866

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3QAvaaVZQc
Personal space invaders

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

It's funny that BigDaws has become so recognizable on the ASU campus that he has to have other guys come in to help or he probably would never get enough material for one video. He's probably the only real good prank YouTube out there if this thread is any indication, never really gets in peoples faces or too offensive. Anything that he would do that would get his rear end kicked he dresses up like a huge nerd so people don't feel threatened.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

JHomer722 posted:

Thought you were joking.

Why would I think that :magical:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The best part about this thread is that the Schadenfreude comes right from this thread. Like dumbfucks who don't know what they're talking about getting up and showing every one how stupid they are.

Rah! posted:

That ain't schadenfreude unless the kid gets up and kicks the violently-sore-loser in the balls.

http://deadspin.com/sore-loser-table-tennis-kid-just-straight-shoves-umpire-1660871866

That Schadenfreude made my day. :allears:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rah! posted:

I show you a trick

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

idgi

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

According to Google it's a 2013 letter written by Rep. Bill Cassidy urging the Speaker of the House John Boehner to kill a Senate immigration bill.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

According to Google it's a 2013 letter written by Rep. Bill Cassidy urging the Speaker of the House John Boehner to kill a Senate immigration bill.

american politics seem a bit weird

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iqG7IhWTWU

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
This prank war is amazing/anguish-inducing.

http://www.collegehumor.com/prankwar

Starting with the 4th part (skeeter bombs).

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Friendly Tumour posted:

You have NO idea.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Friendly Tumour posted:

If you realize it all boils down to money and religious extremism, it makes complete sense.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

I wonder how long that last guy remained face down. Also, I didn't realize until now that youtube would auto attempt close caption when you click it if a real one wasn't available, I was having a hard time making out the guys mumbling things, the auto-captions while funny, didn't really help.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

I don't have much schadenfreude in what's supposed to be a liberal democracy blocking a guy from entering for no better reason than that he says dickheaded things. Marc Randazza, the lawyer who's defending 8chan against this dickhead's legal threats, said it:

quote:

As objectionable as I find Mr. Blanc, I find no justification to deny a guy entry to your country, because you’re afraid that he will speak bad words.

gently caress the UK. For no other reason than they finally went and did something that makes me side WITH Julien Blanc.

Blanc's "legal counsel," such as it is, sent 8chan a demand letter full of baseless legal threats, probably written in crayon. Randazza, who generally writes awesomely entertaining letters to lawyers who don't actually know what they're doing, outdoes himself with this one:

quote:

Lets go back to page one. Your client is the guy who seems to advocate sexual assault against random women, on the basis that he’s Caucasian, and they’re not. Neither Mike, nor I, are in any danger of winning the “Male Feminist of the Year Award.” But
Jesus Hello Kitty Christ on a Rocket-Powered Toboggan, are you FREAKIN’ SERIOUS? If you have the audacity to file a defamation claim on behalf of a guy who advocates sexual assault, and relies on racist bunk to justify it, then come at us, bro. Our client might just waive his CDA immunity and let the case stand on the merits of the defamation claim. I can not express how much joy I would find in watching you try and articulate how your client’s reputation has been harmed by anything other than his own asinine,
racist, sexist, rapey-creep-scumbag statements.

[...]

Your client made some really objectionable statements. There is a price for that – it is called “criticism.” Your client acted like an rear end, and people pointed at him and said “look at that rear end in a top hat!” Rather than answer the criticism, your client sought to cower
behind a wall of censorship. This really isn’t advisable for someone like your client, who will likely need to raise the shield of the First Amendment at some time in the near future. Julien Blanc may bully Japanese girls, but he will not bully our client. And, with any luck, he’ll try and bully the wrong Japanese girl. We hope that when he does, the event gets captured on video.

[...]

2 If this whole “white males can do whatever they want in Tokyo” thing is true, I’m going to move there and pee on everything. Except, since I can do whatever I want, I’m going to make the pee turn into Hibiki whiskey or money as soon as it exits my penis.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Phanatic posted:

I don't have much schadenfreude in what's supposed to be a liberal democracy blocking a guy from entering for no better reason than that he says dickheaded things. Marc Randazza, the lawyer who's defending 8chan against this dickhead's legal threats, said it:

Ah yes, as Voltaire famously said, "I do not agree with what you say in your sexual assault seminars, but I will defend to the death your right to give would-be rapists step-by-step instructions on picking out victims, isolating them, and proceeding to initiate unwanted sexual contact."

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Phanatic posted:

I don't have much schadenfreude in what's supposed to be a liberal democracy blocking a guy from entering for no better reason than that he says dickheaded things.

And this is where Marc Randazza is wrong in this case. Julien Blanc doesn't just say bad thing, he instructs on how to and encourages other people to commit sexual assaults. We have the duty to protect our citizens from this kind of thing. It's as simple as that, he's essentially inciting others to commit a crime which is illegal in the UK.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Other people banned from entering the UK include american talk show host Michael Savage

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Also Martha Stewart.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Phanatic posted:

Also Martha Stewart.

Convicted felon Martha Stewart, the US has the same policy of denying people with records into the country. Getting pinged for weed possession here can mean you're never allowed into the US. Nigella Lawson was denied entry to the US for having admitted taking cocaine, no conviction just saying she had was enough to be denied entry.

Savage was banned for the same reason as Julien Blanc.

Aramoro has a new favorite as of 17:36 on Nov 21, 2014

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Aramoro posted:

And this is where Marc Randazza is wrong in this case. Julien Blanc doesn't just say bad thing, he instructs on how to and encourages other people to commit sexual assaults. We have the duty to protect our citizens from this kind of thing. It's as simple as that, he's essentially inciting others to commit a crime which is illegal in the UK.

This is getting into D&D territory but I disagree and it sounds like you're advocating prosecuting thoughtcrimes. Randazza's right; Blanc's a loving scumbag but the crimes that should be prosecuted are the actual sexual assaults, not the protips on how to commit them. Similarly, posting instructions for building a bomb on the internet isn't a crime while building a bomb and using it kill people is. Posting racist, violent garbage isn't a crime, dragging a black child behind your truck is. Under the Brandenburg v. Ohio test, it'd be difficult to conclude that Blanc's speech is inciting imminent lawless action.

The penalty for stupid/gross speech shouldn't be censorship, it should be the marketplace of ideas pointing out, mocking, and shaming the gross speech. The UK is a sovereign nation and can do whatever they want but this kind of action (as well as their bad defamation laws) call their supposed free speech into question.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Yeah, they denied him a visa because they felt there was an actual risk that his seminars could lead to sexual crimes being committed in the UK.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Lawen posted:

This is getting into D&D territory but I disagree and it sounds like you're advocating prosecuting thoughtcrimes. Randazza's right; Blanc's a loving scumbag but the crimes that should be prosecuted are the actual sexual assaults, not the protips on how to commit them. Similarly, posting instructions for building a bomb on the internet isn't a crime while building a bomb and using it kill people is. Posting racist, violent garbage isn't a crime, dragging a black child behind your truck is. Under the Brandenburg v. Ohio test, it'd be difficult to conclude that Blanc's speech is inciting imminent lawless action.

The penalty for stupid/gross speech shouldn't be censorship, it should be the marketplace of ideas pointing out, mocking, and shaming the gross speech. The UK is a sovereign nation and can do whatever they want but this kind of action (as well as their bad defamation laws) call their supposed free speech into question.

Giving out protips on how to commit crimes is illegal in the UK, as I think it is in the US. He was intending to come to the UK to commit a crime.

I can't quite get my head around your idea that we should not attempt to prevent more rapes. Prosecuting rapists is all well and good but if no one gets raped in the first place then that's way way better.

This is not a freedom of speech issue and should not be conflated with them, this is a crime prevention issue.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i have an opinion on rape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Seriously, the dude not only is speaking and encouraging crimes to be committed, but there is recorded evidence of him actually committing said crimes, this is not a free speech issue, this is a sexual predator being banned.

• Locked thread