Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WHAT A BREAKFAST
Jan 13, 2006

Shroud posted:

Is there any way to get that shirt in the U.S.? Does it come in other colors?

No. You might try ebay, but even if Ultra Sankt Pauli sells to non-members, imho it's just stupid to wear stuff of an Ultra group you have nothing to do with...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

az
Dec 2, 2005

I took a look and you can find them on international ebay if you really want to, just don't wear them around Germany unless you know what you're doing. I've seen them in many colors like celtic green, pauli brown, black, olive drab, dark grey etc. They do look fantastic worn and on a wall.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Associating with Ultras you have nothing to do with is pretty stupid.

Distant Mist
Apr 22, 2008

poty posted:

Soooo do we have any good players or what

At least you have Fredi Bobic to explain how all the losses are the refs' fault.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Hegav posted:

Associating with Ultras you have nothing to do with is pretty stupid.

If you guys think it's a bad idea, I'll take your advice.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Dunban posted:

Alright, I've set up our kicker interactive manager league. There you go.

Applied, hope I'm not as poo poo as I think I am.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Yesterday, Stuttgart's fans voted for switching back to the team's old crest, effective immediately.

Honestly, the new one (left) looks better and they're paying 300,000€ for this. Their choice I guess.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Katana Gomai posted:

Yesterday, Stuttgart's fans voted for switching back to the team's old crest, effective immediately.

Honestly, the new one (left) looks better and they're paying 300,000€ for this. Their choice I guess.

I agree, gently caress nostalgia

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

300k down the toilet when the club is recording a €9m loss. Not exactly something I would have done as lead.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
They should have taken the new typeface and put that and a black outline on the old crest.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I'm looking forward to seeing how New Zealand superstar Marco Rojas does at Stuttgart this season. And by seeing I mean hearing about it because we don't get the Bundesliga here.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Ewar Woowar posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing how New Zealand superstar Marco Rojas does at Stuttgart this season. And by seeing I mean hearing about it because we don't get the Bundesliga here.

Is he any good? Seems like a fairly big leap to make.

Then again, Stuttgart are a bit poo poo so he might have a shot.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Dunban posted:

Is he any good? Seems like a fairly big leap to make.

Then again, Stuttgart are a bit poo poo so he might have a shot.

He is the most naturally gifted player that we've ever produced along with former Werder Bremen player Wynton Rufer. He's quick, two footed, creative and a goalscorer. I think if he's given games he'll do well.

Check out the second goal he scored in this game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=148OKQB3pPU

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Ewar Woowar posted:

Sommet sports has Bundesliga rights I think. Freeview channel 14.

I would like to think they will go out of their way to show the Kiwi Messi in action.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Ewar Woowar posted:

And by seeing I mean hearing about it because we don't get the Bundesliga here.

Just in case you don't know, you can stream every Bundesliga game live on the internet.

vickser
Dec 27, 2012

az posted:

Just in case you don't know, you can stream every Bundesliga game live on the internet.

what the gently caress is the intenet?

Anyway, I wonder how much this current lineup Bayern are using in this friendly cup will vary come week 1?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

az posted:

I already struggle to get up for the Liverpool games (which are sometime between 12am and 5am) so I very much doubt I'll be doing the same to watch the Bundesliga.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Hmmm... have you considered moving? ;)

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I hate Barcelona so much and I can't get enough of beating them.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Champions League final turned me on to German football, is there any way for us filthy Americans to catch the Budesliga on TV/online?

Also, what team should I support without coming off like a plastic? (Bayern and Borussia disqualified)

Benne fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jul 26, 2013

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Benne posted:

The Champions League final turned me on to German football, is there any way for us filthy Americans to catch the Budesliga on TV/online?

Also, what team should I support without coming off like a plastic? (Bayern and Borussia disqualified)

Hanover seems like a good choice

:swoon: Cherundolo :swoon:

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
GolTV has the rights for another year or so. They used to be in a sharing agreement with ESPN too however when they lost all the rights to La Liga and Serie A they canceled it :( I think BeIN plans on gobbling them up soon though.

You should support Leverkusen because they are a good team, fun too watch and also very awesome.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

General Probe posted:

You should support Leverkusen because they are a good team, fun too watch and also very awesome.

This.

Also because they are managed by Sami Hyypia who is awesome :)

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Benne posted:

I am one of maybe two Werder Bremen fans who pop into these threads, and can tell you they're a fun team to get behind if you're not too caught up on the little things, like winning.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

General Probe posted:

Ewar Woowar posted:

This.

Also because they are managed by Sami Hyypia who is awesome :)

Aww, you guys! :allears: (They're correct)

*edit: While we're at it, Kießling just extended his contract until 2017. I didn't expect him to leave despite the good offers he got, but I'm glad Leverkusen realized how important he is to both the team and the fans and decided to compensate him accordingly.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jul 26, 2013

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
If you basically choose a club to support just like that, you're a plastic no matter which club you pick.

Just watch loads of Bundesliga games, follow the media etc and you'll naturally gravitate towards one of the clubs.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Did you guys know there's one club that could easily rival Bayern if they got their poo poo together? Hamburg, that's who.

www.hsv-arena.net posted:

(...) In jedem normalen Bundesliga-Club würde der Sportchef/Vorstand/Geschäftsführer jetzt zwei Verträge unterschreiben. Den Ersten mit dem abgebenden Verein, den Zweiten mit dem neuen HSV-Spieler. Aber halt, so läuft das in Hamburg nicht.

Der Aufsichtsrat des HSV muss jeden Transfer absegnen, der sich jenseits der Transfersumme von € 500.000 bewegt. Deshalb muss dieser Spieler vom Sportchef (und dem Trainer) im Aufsichtsrat präsentiert werden, seine Vorzüge müssen herausgestellt werden, die Notwendigkeit des Transfers muss nachgewiesen werden.

Dann begibt sich der Rat in die Diskussion.

Ich habe mich gefragt, wie das eigentlich geht. Wie bzw. nach welchen Kriterien entscheiden 11 fußballerisch Ahnungslose über den Wert eines Spielers. Wie über sein Potenzial, seine Fähigkeiten ? Nun, ich habe meine Antworten erhalten und sie haben mich nachhaltig verstört.

Nachdem ein Spieler vom Sportchef im Rat präsentiert wurde, genehmigen sich die Räte eine gewissen Bedenkzeit, was nur normal ist. Während es Räte gibt, die das Gespräch mit dem Trainer bzw. dem Co-Trainer suchen, um den Spieler irgendwie beurteilen zu können, existieren im Aufsichtsrat des HSV tatsächlich Räte, die zum Hörer greifen, um den “Sportjournalisten” seines Vertrauens zu kontaktieren und zu Spieler X zu befragen. Das ist kein Witz !

Man muss sich das einmal auf der Zunge zergehen lassen. (...)

Transfers above €500k have to be approved by a club council of twelve men (not actually dabbling in football at all, local politicians and the like), where the sporting director and manager present arguments in favour of spending the dough and whether it's a necessity. Council members then use their time to think and call their favourite sports journalists for opinions on said player (imagine Raphael Honigstein giving a thumbs up to Artjom Rudnevs).

Also this little gem:

www.hsv-arena.net posted:

By the way – der HSV soll einen Berater für die Ukraine beschäftigen, der noch nie in der Ukraine war. Auf meine Frage, wie der festangestellte Mitarbeiter denn seinen Job erledigen würde, bekam ich als Antwort: Der guckt bei Transfermarkt.de, welcher Spieler bei welchem Club spielt, guckt bei youtube nach Videos etc. Wahnsinn !!

Just have an agent for Ukraine players not visit the country a single time, have him look up transfermarkt.de and watch youtube compilations of targets. Great job, fully paid.

Healbot fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 26, 2013

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Yeah, they're millions of miles away from getting their poo poo together. No need to get worried, Bayern fans.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
:thejoke:

That said, put $5 on them getting relegated in the next 4-5 years?

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

No problem. I was actually born in Hamburg and lived there for the first years of my life, so I am uniquely situated to become HSV's number one fan all the while claiming I only liked Bayern "ironically."

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

General Probe posted:

That said, put $5 on them getting relegated in the next 4-5 years?
There are worse ways to spend your money, I'm sure.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Dunban posted:

Alright, I've set up our kicker interactive manager league. There you go.

Signed up as well with my team of 11 good guys, 3 decent guys and 8 poo poo guys. :siren:SIGN UP EVERYONE:siren:

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Lmao La Liga defending.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Eat poo poo, The Pep Squad.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Pep must walk.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Just makes me more excited for the start of the season :D

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

cracking game this

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
gently caress what a save, this game is great

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

tetsman posted:

gently caress what a save, this game is great

It is, and I honestly didn't expect that. Very entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Gomez wouldn't have missed that

• Locked thread