Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I love football and this is the best possible match in football so this is an amazing event imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Guardiola Slapping The poo poo Outta Thiago

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Smirr posted:

It's a million degrees and these guys are going at it balls to the wall. I'm loving it.
It's also humid as gently caress here, making the heat even harder to bear.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Van Persie wouldve smashed that in. Thanks Moyes.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Nice touch there, Mr. Müller.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Nice save by Starke!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Pep out?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Lol we need a goal let's bring on Dante wtf #guardiolaout

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Great stuff

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

End of an era, I reckon.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I'm still on for that firing before the winter break btw

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Did Bayern know how to defend last year?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Lol we need a goal let's bring on Dante wtf #guardiolaout

In some matches he would throw Pique up front. Guy can't adapt. Get rid of him before he destroys everything Hitler

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Put Müller out of his misery imo. What kind of loving performance was that.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Hegav posted:

In some matches he would throw Pique up front. Guy can't adapt. Get rid of him before he destroys everything Hitler
Van Buyten's time to shine, I think.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Horrid defensive performance, which was par for the course considering the volatile strategy chosen.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Aaaand Bayern didn't win the season's first competition. :D

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Dortmund was great though.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

mbisonyes.gif

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Meh, who gives a poo poo. Two gifts and one offside goal plus us missing Neuer, Ribery, Götze and Martinez, in addition to Schweini and Dante not at peak condition.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Van Buyten and Boateng as CBs? Who could have predicted this outcome?

Maybe Pep should bring back Lell and Oddo for the ultimate defensive suckage.

Also Thiago... I love his chip passes but apart from that he's poo poo.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Pep finally found out. Or maybe this is a Barca conspiracy to destroy Bayern from the inside...

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Dunban posted:

Meh, who gives a poo poo. Two gifts and one offside goal plus us missing Neuer, Ribery, Götze and Martinez, in addition to Schweini and Dante not at peak condition.

It's a pointless mickey mouse cup but it was the first game this season which counted for something and you conceeded four goals. I do agree that's after winning next weeks cup match you'll dominate the league just like last year though; in a way, losing like this today was probably A Very Good Thing.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
As a Dortmund fan, I'm well aware this could be the only silverware we win this season, so I'm going to savor it.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Reset Smith posted:

As a Dortmund fan, I'm well aware this could be the only silverware we win this season, so I'm going to savor it.

I really loving hope you'll win the CL, bc we sure as gently caress won't win it again.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Adulterous Hitler posted:

I really loving hope you'll win the CL, bc we sure as gently caress won't win it again.

This is a bad post all around.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Dunban posted:

I'm sure Dortmund were at 100% for the match

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Scott Bakula posted:

I'm sure Dortmund were at 100% for the match

They weren't either, obviously, but they had fewer problems to deal with than Bayern. In addition to all those missing players, adjusting to a new coach takes time, whereas Klopp has been in Dortmund for, what, 5 years now?

Taking this game as basis for the argument that Bayern are poo poo and Pep will fail miserably is ridiculous, quite frankly. There are some lessons to be learned from today's game (e.g. don't play Thiago as the sole #6 against teams like Dortmund & Tom Starke can't handle Pep's playing style) and I'm sure Pep will take the right steps once he's got the full squad to choose from.

Dunban fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 27, 2013

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Man you're easy to wind up.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Dunban posted:

Pep will fail miserably

Bayern supporters, please keep your cool!

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Great start for Pep Crapdiola. Don't they have doping in Germany?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Great start for Pep Crapdiola. Don't they have doping in Germany?

He's in the country (well, technically former country, and anyways Bavaria isn't Eastern) that practically invented doping, so yes.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
"Poop" Gaydiola and Buyern Munich are epic fail.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Top shelf posting, fellas.

*e: Like, even in a hybrid GDT/discussion thread, keep the dumb puns to yourself. We like this thread. :ohdear:

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jul 28, 2013

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Dunban posted:

This is a bad post all around.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

should show the entire scene imo, you're gonna need the Pepslap for the rest of the season

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Haha, Gladbach is 19:1 to win against Bayern on Day 1 at bet365. Might put down a fiver, I fully expect Bayern to win but come on, Gladbach isn't that bad.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

This is terrifying.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
He's already cracking up, how long before his next nervous breakdown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Köln - Düsseldorf grudge match is starting in 15 minutes if you've got nothing to do. Seems like it could be either the shittest game or a 3-3 with two red cards on each side.

• Locked thread