Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I think most foreign plastics like either Bayern for their success or Dortdmund for their lesser success but still being the biggest Bayern challengers.

Edit:

Katana Gomai posted:

"gently caress Bayern" is v. acceptable, but if that's your only MO, you still have 17 teams to pick because we all hate them

except when their team wins us the World Cup

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Katana Gomai posted:

They're poo poo and no one outside of Gelsenkirchen likes them and lol if you just randomly pick a club to follow without any knowledge of them,

That's why I asked about the team, to get knowledge :confused:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

actionjackson posted:

That's why I asked about the team, to get knowledge :confused:

They have some really talented players that might turn out great (and end at Bayern), some potential to perform on a high level but are set back by Schalke inertia.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

actionjackson posted:

I'm looking for a team to follow, though I can't watch on tv like with the EPL. What can you guys tell me about Schalke? Besides being sponsored by the Russian mafia.

Just watch some games ffs and find a team you like.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

OP I think blindly following, say, Dortmund because "gently caress Bayern" is eminently acceptable.

This is what I've been planning on doing. Mostly going to be following them in the champions league, but I'll catch some Bundesliga games as well. Hopefully they drop Bayern at least once.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Smirr posted:

They're a less talented and perpetually uglier version of Dortmund, but their supporters are just as sanctimonious for some reason. Unlike Leverkusen, it's not only funny that they never win any meaningful titles, it's also cool and good and necessary. The only Schalke supporter I know IRL is a guy who looks like a kiddie-fiddling slab of ham and unbuttons his shirts down to the sternum. I'd tell you to stay away from Schalke but you do already have a Man City av so idk.

Reminder that Man City dusted Bayern last year with James "Jimmy" Milner, a true brave English Lion, running the match. Could have won by more if Pellegrini knew the tiebrakers, lmao

What I am trying to say is that Man City would beat Brazil 14-1.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
If you're a lovely bandwagon mercenary oval office there's really only one team if you're leaving bayern off the list.

It's Wolfsburg.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Realpost if I were to pick a club to be a Bundesliga plastic for, it would probably be Dortmund. I hate them and I wish I could say I'd pick Freiburg or some other cool club instead, but everything about Dortmund is just so goddamn appealing if you have no horse in the race already. gently caress them :qq:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Hegay posted:

Didn't realize it is going to be on Fox starting next season, and GolTV isn't on Comcast.

Dortmund might be cool, though the new kits are pretty :wtc:

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 9, 2014

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Katana Gomai posted:

Realpost if I were to pick a club to be a Bundesliga plastic for, it would probably be Dortmund. I hate them and I wish I could say I'd pick Freiburg or some other cool club instead, but everything about Dortmund is just so goddamn appealing if you have no horse in the race already. gently caress them :qq:

Except that smug 'holier than thou' attitude and of course loving Klopp and motherfucking Großkreutz.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Yeah but do they have an Official theme song??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK_bRU_FrHI

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

ephex posted:

Except that smug 'holier than thou' attitude and of course loving Klopp and motherfucking Großkreutz.

You don't have to tell me, what I meant is that of you know absolutely nothing about the Bundesliga, Dortmund have the perfect narrative and surrounding (that loving ground is so good) for plastics to latch onto

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Now that I no longer hate Junior Diaz I will be watching some Mainz matches.

And if Bayern buy Navas then I will watch every match to see him not :suicide: play

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Mainz is a huge question mark now that Tuchel is gone, but you could do much worse, op

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Katana Gomai posted:

You don't have to tell me, what I meant is that of you know absolutely nothing about the Bundesliga, Dortmund have the perfect narrative and surrounding (that loving ground is so good) for plastics to latch onto

Can someone be American and not be a plastic?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

actionjackson posted:

Can someone be American and not be a plastic?

No

Source: Am an American and a Bayern fan

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
You obviously pick Paderborn, get a feel for the league and when they are relegated next year you follow a proper team.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I'm not sure when I get to remove my plastic title.

I started really watching league football about 6-7 years ago. I'd been following Germany in the past world cups, so I wanted to see what team Klose played for because he was my favorite player to watch. It was Bayern Munich, so I started watching their games.

When my (then) girlfriend took a study abroad in Munich, I was lucky enough to connect with ephex, who got me amazing tickets to see their last season game against Stuttgart at home in Allianz. It was amazing.

But I guess I have to have been born in Munich or something to be a legitimate fan :smith:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

ephex posted:

Except that Klopp is great and Großkreutz is just one player, show me the team that has no rear end in a top hat. Of course you could be a fan of Pep Guardiola instead if you really want to (lol).

Also the kit rocks.

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 9, 2014

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

If you still feel compelled to justify to the internet why you're not a plastic, you're still a plastic.

Just watch the foot and be happy when the team you like wins and don't care about what the internet thinks.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
But I base my self worth off the internet

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

watch the friggin world cup ffs

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Drogadon posted:

If you still feel compelled to justify to the internet why you're not a plastic, you're still a plastic.

Just watch the foot and be happy when the team you like wins and don't care about what the internet thinks.

<-- Oh I definitely am

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Yeah very entertaining stuff atm

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Honestly if you're gonna plastic it up you might as well support Hertha BSC since you'll be hated by everyone else in the league anyway. Source: :smugmrgw:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Or just move to an area like where I live, it'll solve the problems for you. I'm obligated to support glorious historic champions FC Hansa Rostock or my neo nazi neighbors will loving murder me.

This coming season they'll get promoted to the 2nd Liga and then everyone will be happy because they get to brawl with St. Pauli on the regular, and a season or two later they'll be in the Bundesliga sticking it to decadent Wessi scum and other degenerates.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jul 9, 2014

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
If you're starting to follow the Bundesliga, might I suggest Nürnberg. We just got relegated, but when we're back you can claim not to be a plastic since you started following us when we were the worst we've been in years.

Katana Gomai posted:

"gently caress Bayern" is v. acceptable, but if that's your only MO, you still have 17 teams to pick because we all hate them

except when their team wins us the World Cup
Bundesliga Megathread 2013/14: It's okay to hate Schweini and Lahm again

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

ephex posted:

Except that smug 'holier than thou' attitude and of course loving Sammer and motherfucking Robben.

Glasshouses, stones, etc..

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The correct answer is actually Werder Bremen

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
I suggest FC Augsburg they are the German Swansea

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

When does the season schedule get released? I got two months left here and need to see some games.

Nuremburg (again)
And bayern, despite the fact that I hate Pep

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Soulex posted:

When does the season schedule get released?
It's already been released. http://www.bundesliga.de/de/liga/matches/2014/?md=1

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Well poo poo, only going to be able to make the first game, If I can find a ticket that doesn't cost me a poo poo load

Can't find a ticket under 150 Euro. Is that normal?

Soulex fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jul 10, 2014

Crayfish
May 7, 2009

Volkerball posted:

The correct answer is actually Werder Bremen

This is 100% True and if you don't agree you are dumb and ugly

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Crayfish posted:

This is 100% True and if you don't agree you are dumb and ugly

If they were in the Champions League/Had a solid chance of finishing in a Champions league spot, I'd definitely root for them. I'll bandwagon the poo poo out of them if they look like they can finish top 6 though.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

actionjackson posted:

Didn't realize it is going to be on Fox starting next season, and GolTV isn't on Comcast.

Dortmund might be cool, though the new kits are pretty :wtc:

Since the topic has already been brought up, I might as well ask: as someone in the US who wants to get into soccer, anyone know if/where Bundesliga matches will be streamed online, assuming Fox won't do that?

Commentator language won't be a big issue, but bonus points if they speak English, Spanish, or German.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.
Just watch the 2. Bundesliga and laugh as Red Bull RasenBallsport Leipzig get thrown back down to the 3. Liga, pissing away the millions of a lovely company.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

Since the topic has already been brought up, I might as well ask: as someone in the US who wants to get into soccer, anyone know if/where Bundesliga matches will be streamed online, assuming Fox won't do that?

Commentator language won't be a big issue, but bonus points if they speak English, Spanish, or German.

roja directa and first row will have every game most likely. As far as buying, I don't believe there's any other way to watch than Gol tv.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Hegay posted:

Like 4 years ago I was just given a Bayern Munich jersey and hat from my uncle when he came back from Germany. Best way to like a random team from a sport you just started to follow again. Somehow I get the newsletter in German though :wtc: so that's always funny to see. For the guy who's stateside (like me) who wants to watch, I use lemonsport or front row but ymmv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Honestly I wish I could stop supporting Bayern but they are the major CL hope for the Bundesliga so I can't stop supporting them. I still can't believe Dortmund actually made it to the final 2 years ago.

• Locked thread