Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Ground floor. You missed the "2013/14" bit in the title but I don't think it matters much. Also you didn't copy the BB code from my Leverkusen bit (just quote my original post, it'll show up) so it's missing some formating.

So, are we going to do a manager game this season?

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jul 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

re:Managers, I'm looking at the Kicker ones and I think the Interactive one would suit us best. The Pro version seems a bit too dependant on having 18 teams in your league and I am pretty sure we can't fill that. Does someone want to take over starting a Kicker Interactive league? I'm running the Kicktipp again this season.

http://www.kicker.de/games/interactive/startseite/gamesstartseite.html

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Sereri posted:

Is there a kicktipp league for this season yet?

The kicktipp is still under https://www.kicktipp.de/goons, I just restarted it to 2013/14. Feel free to enter your tipps, I set it so that everyone who was signed up last year is still registered. Actually add the Kicktipp to the OP, and the Kicker thing once it opens next week and Dunban has set it up.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Bochum just beat Union Berlin 2-1, the first step to complete Neururer domination has been taken.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Hello Towel posted:

I picked HSV semi-randomly as my Bundesliga team to plastic for a few years ago, but now I'm really turned off by the politics (right-wing) of some of their ultras.

Do all HSV fans have a reputation for that?

The proud Sportvereins of Hamburg are not more or less racist than other (non-east German) clubs so you're good.

Also Kießling is the best Striker, deal with it.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Yesterday, Stuttgart's fans voted for switching back to the team's old crest, effective immediately.

Honestly, the new one (left) looks better and they're paying 300,000€ for this. Their choice I guess.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

General Probe posted:

You should support Leverkusen because they are a good team, fun too watch and also very awesome.

Ewar Woowar posted:

This.

Also because they are managed by Sami Hyypia who is awesome :)

Aww, you guys! :allears: (They're correct)

*edit: While we're at it, Kießling just extended his contract until 2017. I didn't expect him to leave despite the good offers he got, but I'm glad Leverkusen realized how important he is to both the team and the fans and decided to compensate him accordingly.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jul 26, 2013

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Dunban posted:

Alright, I've set up our kicker interactive manager league. There you go.

Signed up as well with my team of 11 good guys, 3 decent guys and 8 poo poo guys. :siren:SIGN UP EVERYONE:siren:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Eat poo poo, The Pep Squad.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

tetsman posted:

gently caress what a save, this game is great

It is, and I honestly didn't expect that. Very entertaining.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Believe it or not, that's the first time I ever saw that pun in like, 20 years of watching Bundesliga. drat.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

haha drat the zdf stream is like a minute behind and the thread spoiled me on the goal

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

jesus gently caress ANOTHER ONE

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

i think...both of dortmund's goals actually :suicide:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

#prayforpep

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Nice touch there, Mr. Müller.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I'm still on for that firing before the winter break btw

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

mbisonyes.gif

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Dunban posted:

Meh, who gives a poo poo. Two gifts and one offside goal plus us missing Neuer, Ribery, Götze and Martinez, in addition to Schweini and Dante not at peak condition.

It's a pointless mickey mouse cup but it was the first game this season which counted for something and you conceeded four goals. I do agree that's after winning next weeks cup match you'll dominate the league just like last year though; in a way, losing like this today was probably A Very Good Thing.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Top shelf posting, fellas.

*e: Like, even in a hybrid GDT/discussion thread, keep the dumb puns to yourself. We like this thread. :ohdear:

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jul 28, 2013

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Haha, Gladbach is 19:1 to win against Bayern on Day 1 at bet365. Might put down a fiver, I fully expect Bayern to win but come on, Gladbach isn't that bad.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Köln - Düsseldorf grudge match is starting in 15 minutes if you've got nothing to do. Seems like it could be either the shittest game or a 3-3 with two red cards on each side.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Game could certainly be better, Cologne sorta lost their drive after the 0-1. I expect it to heat up the closer it gets to full time though.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

At at last Ujah scores, if he stops doing that Cologne will be hosed considering that their tactics seem to consist solely of "punt it to the front".

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

NRW is super dense, Leverkusen, Schalke, Dortmund, Köln, Düsseldorf are all within one hour by train away from one another. What weekend are you here exactly?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Seriously, that guy scares the poo poo out of me. He's probably turning it up to 11 because he's wearing a wire but goddamn guy, what went wrong in your life?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

Schalke, that's what. :v:

:iamafag::respek::razz:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Leverkusen vs. Freiburg, 10.08.2013, 15:30. Your friend should be able to order tickets through the website (bayer04.de), which are super cheap and frankly, you could do much worse than this game. Tickets also cover (part of) the train fare, you'll only have to buy a ticket to Langenfeld (basically you're in the VRR, Leverkusen tickets cover the VRS. Ask your friend what that means. :v:) Just as an example, the RE train from Essen to Leverkusen takes, like, 35 minutes. I don't know where exactly you're located, but even Dortmund to Leverkusen is just an hour.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 29, 2013

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Healbot posted:

Remember that you're talking to a Leverkusen fan.

Don't worry, we've got our share of lunatics as well. I'm just parroting what someone said in the comments.

Although I gotta hand it to you, sick burn.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jul 30, 2013

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Pokal-time, bitches! The match to watch today is probably RB Leipzig - Augsburg at 8pm, wherein we watch if Leipzig continues murdering football itself.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Healbot posted:

Yeah, I don't read Youtube comments unless I'm in the mood for depression. :v:

Neither do I normally, I actually got an addon in my Firefox that turns off all comments on all websites. :shobon: By the way, is anyone else annoyed by the fact that the media treat this "Audi Cup" as if it's an actual thing? I mean come on, it's a loving Mickey Mouse preseason cup.

Friendly reminder, sign up for the Kicker Manager! http://manager.kicker.de/interactive/bundesliga/managerliga/ligabeitretendetail/manliga/1190

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Dunban posted:

So we just sold Emre Can to Leverkusen. For some reason it's not a loan deal, instead his contract has a buy back clause installed.

I saw Kicker posting about this yesterday but guess it has just been finalized. As for why it's not a loan, I guess Bayern just don't think he has the potential to matter in the long run. They can buy him back if he turns out to be a hit, but otherwise he's our problem. Personally, I don't really see why we needed to buy him in the first place; I don't think he is good enough to play significant minutes and God knows we buy enough loving Perspektivspieler already. I think Bayern made the better deal here.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

DFB-Pokalorama continues today, and after football managed to escape murder yesterday, we have a slew of games to watch:

15:30
Sportfreunde Baumberg - FC Ingolstadt 04
SG Aumund-Vegesack - 1899 Hoffenheim
Neckarsulmer Sport-Union - 1. FC Kaiserslautern
SV Lippstadt 08 - Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Fortuna Köln - 1. FSV Mainz 05
TSG Neustrelitz - Sport-Club Freiburg
1.FC Magdeburg - FC Energie Cottbus
SV Wilhelmshaven - Borussia Dortmund
Bahlinger SC - VfL Bochum 1848

18:00
TSV 1860 Rosenheim - VfR Aalen

20:30
SV Eintracht Trier - 1. FC Köln
Karlsruher SC - VfL Wolfsburg

Who will be the scrappy underdog to defeat the seasoned Bundesligist this year? SV Wilhelmshaven supposedly switched their jersey numbers around in their last practice so as to mess up Dortmund's scouting, advanced tactics ITT.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Bayern fans (not plastics), how much truth is there to this article? http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/fanszene-beim-fc-bayern-vorbild-barcelona-1.1737896 From an outside perspective, I think it does make more sense to keep 300 tickets per game on hold and raffle them out so everyone gets a chance to see the team, at least ideally.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Aug 3, 2013

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I'm watching Leverkusen obviously, but I'd like to stay up to date on the other games; what's everyone's favorite (text) ticker?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

And we're off, 1-0 Bender. Man, seeing us with white jerseys with green names/numbers (and no sponsor) on them is weird.

Ahahaha, 1-1 7. minute. Good job, us.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Oh poo poo, Fortuna Köln is up 2-0 over Mainz. lmao

*edit uh, 1-0 I guess? Sportschau.de had it 2-0 but everyone else doesn't.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Dunban posted:

It's 1-1, actually.

Yea just now. Also Leverkusen has a fuckton of chances but doesn't score; 2 off the post and the goalie has the day of his career. We could be up 5-1 already.

*e: 2-1 Sam on a direct free kick, although the goalie helped him by stepping in the wrong direction. I'll take it.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Aug 3, 2013

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

KIEß! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

In other, other news, Dortmund had 81% possession this half but it's still 0-0. Please oh please let it happen. :pray:

• Locked thread