Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

poty posted:

So why hasn't Bayern signed him?

Because they will get Lewandowski next year for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
So, Bayern picking it up where they left off, huh.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Oh dear. Could football not be dead yet?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Haha, holy poo poo. Haven't seen a gently caress up like that in a while.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Rycalawre posted:

Hopefully we should get some juicy comments in the Polish press.

You'll be disappointed. They're staying mum on the subject for the time being. Mostly worried that Kuba might spend a lot more time on the bench. Of course we're yet to hear from Ryczel (a footy commentator), whose orgasms when Lewy scores are louder than anything Neville's conjured up. I'm sure he'll have something to contribute soon.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Modus Trollens posted:

drat Lewandowski is a oval office

Why is he a oval office? This whole saga is rife with lopsided reporting. Now, I'm not a fan of Lewy's, I do think he's a twat, but for other reasons than this.

Everyone here knew Lewy was going to leave for Bayern, this was being reported in Poland way before it got any international media traction. The deal was simple, his agents made a gentleman's agreement with BVB that Lewy would leave for Bayern at the end of last season. They agreed to keep it quiet so as not to upset the fan base. Bayern then literally stole Goetze from BVB, in what was supposed to have been a quick one-two KO, except that BVB then renegged on their arrangements with Lewy's agents. If I were Lewy, I'd be pissed, and understandably, so is he. Can't blame him for not having his heart in it.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Victlin posted:

Hopefully Dortmund guys will sell him before the contract expire, wouldn't be smarty to let him leave without getting some bucks for it, unless they want it to go bayern for free, i mean that can't be bad for FCB i guess :heysexy:

They won't because he doesn't want to go to any other club. There was interest in him over the summer and BVB were willing to sell him abroad, but he refused all offers.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Hahaha. gently caress off Borussia.

(1-0 to Stuttgart).

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
God drat it Stuttgart. Thanks for ruining Christmas.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Haha DOrtmund are mad, real mad. Don't gently caress this up 'kusen!

They're also poo poo, very poo poo.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Hahaha, red card. gently caress off Borussia Shitlords.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Hahaha, goodnight Dortmund.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Hegav posted:

Yeah I read about that. I don't want to sound bitter but I'm pretty happy we didn't end up paying Lewandowski €9.5m a year (after taxes).

Lewandowski is too lazy to learn Spanish. Or any other foreign language for that matter. It's a miracle he managed to pick up a little German. He's too insecure to play anywhere but Germany anyway. I'm looking forward to his withering away on Bayern's bench and ending his career at Szombierki Bytom. Good riddance. Also, roflmao @ Lech Poznan not getting a cent from this deal. Suck poo poo garbagemen shitlords.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
News filtering down in Polish tabloids that Lewandowski beat up some BVB fans unhappy about his Bayern transfer. Apparently they showed up at his door to voice their discontent. Lewandowski is denying it, but the police have confirmed that they did receive a complaint.

E: Apparently he's confirmed it on his facebook profile

Die heutige Situation an meinem Haus zwingt mich zu reagieren, bevor die Medien eine Sensation daraus machen möchte ich mich selber dazu äußern.

Ich habe nicht vor 17 Jährige Teenanger die nur in einer Gruppe Stark sind benehmen bei zu bringen, aber ich lasse es nicht zu mich und meine Familie zu beleidigen.

Gleichzeitig möchte ich feststellen und klar sagen , dass ich keine Gewalt gegen die Personen die meine Privatspähre verletzt haben angewendet habe.

Ich hoffe, es ist und bleibt ein Einzelfall und ich kann ganz in Ruhe die Rückrunde Spielen und mich ausschließlich auf Borussia konzentrieren.

Lewy

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I'd like to take this moment to say ahahahahahaha gently caress off Dortmund.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

It's not like he had any summer plans.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

DOOP posted:

Bayern is paying him off

No they're not. He's basically attained the same level of proficiency he's been displaying for years playing for the Polish national team. I'm literally salivating at the prospect of his being discovered for the fraud that he is and his wasting away on Bayern's bench and getting paid millions of euros for it.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I am not happy with this result. I can only hope they'll steal Lewy's tyres again.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Is Boenisch injured again or just shite?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Katana Gomai posted:

Neither? (Well, maybe the second?) As far as I know, he's starting as left back tonight.

Oh, that's awesome. Last time I checked he wasn't playing. Good to see him back in the team. Hopefully his form will improve, I really miss him in the national team.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Can someone explain to me the tragi-farce that is Leverkusen? Last time I looked at the table, they were either level with BVB or a point behind them, now they're fourth with barely a point above Wolfsburg. What happened?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Thanks for the in-depth analysis. I feel sorry for Bayer, it's the only German team I ever had any affection for, mainly due to Buncol playing there back in the 80s (Buncol was one of Legia all-time greats, you see).

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
They said on the local news that Kuba gave 75k EUR to fund a kid's cancer treatment. Now there's a footballer I can be proud of. Not like that other twat who continually manages to avoid a major injury that would hopefully end his career.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I am looking forward to Lewandowski not scoring any goals and being booed off the field.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

elbkaida posted:

Can you please shut the gently caress up about Lewandowski for once?

No I cannot, but thanks for asking.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
lmao Bayern

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Reset Smith posted:

Mhky just can't miss!

In this game.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
roflmao Bayern

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA! :siren: gently caress off Bayern :siren:

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
i've been lolling all game long and this just takes the cake #megalulz indeed

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

hopterque posted:

Uh wasn't the game in Dortmund?

nope

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

ephex posted:

If we play like this against Real were going to get loving murdered.

Yes, you are. There was nothing on that field to answer Ronaldo's and Bale's pace tonight. Bayern were utter trash.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Torrannor posted:

Real was lucky that Dortmund did not score a third goal against them, Bayern can beat them. As far as I know it's not even sure if Ronaldo can play in the first leg of the semi-final.

Yeah, but that's when Bayern is on top of their game. Today's Bayern were far from it. As were Real against Dortmund. That was a very defensive lineup and Carlo is a bona fide retard sometimes. Real won't play their first game defensively.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
God drat it.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

hopterque posted:

Why are you so mad about Lewandowski again?

Because he never scores for Poland, maunders on field like an overweight lumberjack, treats the national team as a burdensome chore and is only in it for image rights so he can shoot a gazillion ads and make even more money. He's a piece of poo poo merc and I hope he breaks both his legs.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

elbkaida posted:

Nice meltdown! (the first was a bit weak imo)

Not really, I've been saying this for months.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Smirr posted:

To be fair, no one scores for Poland. Actually, looking it up, it seems Lewandowski is in 12th place in all-time goals. That's not so bad, IMO, especially considering he'll still get many more caps.

He scored 18 goals for Poland in 6 years in 60 games. 4 of those were against San Marino and 1 against Singapore. Those are pretty shite stats for a lone striker with the whole team supporting and feeding him.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

ephex posted:

How many times did you score for Poland in the last six years, eh? Makes you think.

I score for Poland every day.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Dunban posted:

Did it ever occur to you that Poland is kinda poo poo, despite having a world class striker like Lewandowski?

Of course Poland is poo poo. It's the lowest in the FIFA ranking it's ever been for a reason (well, a lot of reasons). Nevertheless, this does not excuse Lewandowski from being woefully inefficient and wasteful on a scale he never is in BVB. Ever watched a game? He gets his chances, quite a few actually, but he rarely converts them.

I don't expect our team to qualify for anything these days, let alone match the level we were at in the late 70s and early 80s, but I do expect that insufferable loathsome oval office to pull a shift just like every other guy who's ever wore the jersey. If he doesn't feel like it, he can get the gently caress out, no one is forcing him to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Dunban posted:

It's a friendly that takes place shortly after the World Cup on the other end of the world. None of the Bayern players will care about it, and rightfully so.

Lewandowski will care.

• Locked thread