Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
New season here we go!

Wonder if Köln fans are going to celebrate their first away match with a bunch of Pyro in Dresden? ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Dunban posted:

Pep will fail miserably

Bayern supporters, please keep your cool!

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Duisburg is higher league so better football and maybe even a solid bunch of away fans. Essen used to have decent atmosphere, no idea how it is nowadays. Any reason you are limited to the two, you don't want to see 1./2.Liga?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Katana Gomai posted:

Seriously, that guy scares the poo poo out of me. He's probably turning it up to 11 because he's wearing a wire but goddamn guy, what went wrong in your life?

Don't tell me there is no guy like this somewhere in your block at every match! That's just what football does to people. :)

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

trem_two posted:

Interesting article by Raphael Honigstein about the anti-Pep sentiments surrounding Bayern Munich these days, including the "shameless financial sleaze" of the Thiago transfer, and the "experimental lineups that have verged on the capricious" he's trying out. Seems like there are multiple players in the squad that aren't too happy with him.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/03/bayern-munich-pep-guardiola

Guardiola has the best team in Europe and puts two more world class players in, of course there are going to be players who are pissed off. Pep really, really needs to become very close to Hoeness, Rummenigge etc so that he is in a good position when some players try to start undermining him. No idea how strong the hierarchy inside the team is, maybe just keeping key players happy works out, too.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Agreed. :v:

Edit: Just had a look at Dynamo's cup record in the last decade: 3x 2nd round, 5x 1st round, 2x not qualified, 1x banned. Glorious. :emo:

elbkaida fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Aug 4, 2013

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Hahaha, Do you enjoy watching accidents happen? YOLO! -> HSV is incredibly funny to me for some reason. Brilliant.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Katana Gomai posted:

This is a really good article and if there's any truth to it, gently caress Dresden even more than already.

http://www.zeit.de/sport/2013-08/dfb-pokal-hesse-tormann-neumuenster

Something like this doesn't even surprise me, the people in charge at the club seem to be all fools and/or cunts, it's sad. The amount of silly drama they produce is outstanding and pretty much the sole reason why Dynamo never got back anywhere near 1.Liga.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Not really, some things have changed. Lately the focus on the youth teams has increased, they now play Bundesliga. Money is not thrown around as careless anymore on has-been players to gain short-term success. If there were not literal millions in stadium rent to pay every year, the financial situation would not look that bad, really.

But there is still this atmosphere of petty political infighting at the club that drives sane people away sooner or later and seems to attract only more idiocy. :bang:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Bayern defence in shambles with 1 goal conceded on average this season. Pep out?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Ahaha HSV are so ridiculous, it's absolutely amazing.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Pff, you know nothing about poo poo matches. The last two Dynamo home matches were so monumentally embarrassing and horrible (1:3, 0:3) that Peter Pacult was canned after only four matchdays. This season is going to be a nightmare. :smithicide:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Adulterous Hitler posted:

This is a loving brilliant article about the state of violence in German football stadiums by Hansi Küppers:

http://www.schwatzgelb.de/2013-09-13-desinformation-und-eskalation.html

Finally a journalist bold enough to confront the bullshit that has been fed to the public by the police/government.

Not to say that there are massive idiots out there that take football as an excuse for violence, but there has been an enormous discrepancy between the things that happened for example at Schalke-Saloniki and the picture that was painted in the media.

Quoting from way back but this is a good article and something that needs to be said more often.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Good lord, if you hate Ribery for that, you must loving loathe Mehmet Scholl.

Quote Scholl from a minute ago: "Diving is a legit means to get your team ahead." :thumbsup:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Haha, really? From our end it looked pretty harmless. I felt the referee was way overreacting in suspending the match.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

1860 are so poo poo its unreal.

First team in 14 months to lose to Dynamo at home. That's special right there (though much appreciated :)).

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Katana Gomai posted:

spending the money you've earned

Something Leverkusen have a rich history of, I believe?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Checked results 5 min before end, checked again right now and just went "no way, wtf Nürnberg"

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Turns out a defense made up of Großkreutz, Sokratis and two kids from BVB II does not really cut it in the Bundesliga, huh.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
You could fly to Düsseldorf or Köln. Fixtures will come out around the end of June I guess.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
It's pretty ridiculous that FIFA can order a fourth division club to pay over 100.000€ in training compensation. In the rules it is stated that a lower-level club should pay the equivalent of of X years of training expenses they would have had for training the player the player themselves.

Somehow I doubt that training a youth player at SV Wilhelmshaven costs >10.000€ per year (assuming full compensation from age 12 to 21).

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Katana Gomai posted:

I really don't see what reason a player would have for transfering from us to Schalke if not money, so that's got to be it.

Schalke is the bigger club. :smug:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Reset Smith posted:

And now Sebastian Rode is going to Bayern as well. Though I don't really see how the transfer makes sense from either his perspective or Bayern's. Who is he going to displace in the lineup? I don't see him getting sufficient playing time ahead of the likes of Schweinsteger, Lahm, Kroos, and Martinez.

Nürnberg does always have use for players that can help avoid relegation!

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Dunban posted:

It's the usual: Watzke whining about how unfair the whole football business is, how eeeeviiil Bayern are because they dared to activate Götze's buy-out clause and sign Lewandowski on a free and how they're only out to destroy Dortmund etc

Are you saying that Bayern did not deliberately sign two of the best key players off their most successful domestic rival of the last years or what? He only stated the facts there.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

oh em gee bee ess posted:

I keep hearing that Hamburg pretty much should be where Bayern are in terms of money and support, why aren't they and what does that even mean?

The answer to that is simply Uli Hoeneß. He is one of those guys who has the combination of having some business sense as well as having his heart in the right place. He kept the right people around and probably had a big part in keeping that Bayern esprit de corps in the management big.
Having a guy like him take over at the age of 27(!!!) and running things for 30+ years was absolutely massive for Bayern.

Many other historically big clubs like HSV, Schalke, Nürnberg, Gladbach, Frankfurt could be in a similar position to Bayern, if they didn't regularly have incompetent clowns running things. gently caress am I ever envious of clubs with sensible management. :argh:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Torrannor posted:

Upstanding criminal Uli Hoeneß, leading Bayern to the very top of the German league. And the morality is

:ssh: Don't get caught. I did say he was a businessman, putting the criminal is basically redundant! :v:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Big words. I heard European top teams like to score half a dozen goals vs Schalke, let's see what you guys can bring!

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
poo poo Bayern is scary. Bumming the 4th and 5th placed teams 5:1 and 6:1. Wonder how Leverkusen will do next week. :ohdear:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Man, Uli Hoeneß is like some sort of evil genius, leading FC Bayern to world domination and pulling the biggest ever tax evasion in Germany.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
So what does Uli's sausage taste like?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
I hate football so much right now. Another loving draw. The 14th draw in 27 games. In the last five games there were four 1:1 and in three of them Dynamo was easily the better team and could have won. If those dumbass attacking players were actually able to convert some of their dozen chances. Or if our opponents wouldn't score from the single loving chance they create in 45 minutes.

Seriously, the lower 10 teams in 2.Liga are all total poo poo only the others somehow manage to win sometimes against each other while our team only ever draws and slowly falls behind. Seeing them play well for several play days in a row now and only walking away with one or zero points pisses me off so much! :bang:

Scheiße, verdammte!

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Reset Smith posted:

WTF BVB? This is terrible defending. Stop making Stuttgart look like champions.

Looking forward to Wednesday, when some combination of Durm/Großkreutz/unfit Pisczek will have to face Bale and Ronaldo. :suicide:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Actually, Leverkusen has only one point less than on the 28th match day of last season. Just Schalke (and Wolfsburg) are quite a bit better than last year.

When you criticize Hyypiä, do you think there is a difference to last season or was that good result only a fluke?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Leverkusen continuing on their downward spiral. Come on guys, get your poo poo together! I don't want to see Wolfsburg in the CL next year.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
They just need to make the relegation spot to be good. The top teams in 2.Liga are so lame this season, it will be really one-sided. Fürth might put up a fight, but I expect them to get 2nd and Paderborn, Lautern, Pauli are just not good enough.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
53 unbeaten in a row, what the gently caress. Bayern just doesn't seem to give the slightest poo poo about Bundesliga anymore.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Or for Germany. RIP Ilkay

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Not really surprising to see a Nürnberg fan finally snap...

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Can you please shut the gently caress up about Lewandowski for once?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

antidote posted:

Let's talk about Hamburg losing another loving game instead.

As long as Nürnberg keep playing the way they are, it doesn't even matter how bad Hamburg is. Except Braunschweig can somehow grab a few unexpected points, but all of the last three teams have pretty tough games ahead in the next four matchdays.

hopterque posted:

Hamburg probs gonna get relegated, rip.

I still think as long as they make the relegation playoff they will be fine. They cannot possibly lose to Paderborn or what other clown team will meet them there.

• Locked thread