Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Great Goal in the first half by Jonas Hoffmann. I hope he can establish himself in the squad this season. Dortmund could definitely use some more depth.
edit: Outstanding OP by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I really hope Dortmund hold on for the win, I'm sick of Buyern winning everything.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
As a Dortmund fan, I'm well aware this could be the only silverware we win this season, so I'm going to savor it.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
And Dortmund finally score, Kevin Grosskreutz delivers.
edit: And Ducksh breaks his duck by scoring the second goal!

Reset Smith fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 3, 2013

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Awesome, Aubameyang scored his first goal for Dortmund with a sweet diving header. Nice cross form Schmelzer too!

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
And Aubameyang scores again, good god he is fast!

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
make that a HAT TRICK DEBUT in the Bundesliga for Aubameyang!
Lewandowski who?

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
The final score line, 4-0, is a little misleading since Augsburg were quite competitive in the first half, and even half way through the second half. But, Dortmund wore them down and poured on the goals late in the match. I'm actually most pleased by the clean sheet. If I remember correctly, last season BVB had an absurdly low number of clean sheets in the league, something like 2 or 3 all season. As for the level of competition? Sure FCA are no FCB, but anytime you can win 4-0 on the road in the Bundesliga, you can be mighty pleased with your team.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Dunban posted:

Dortmund vs Munich

1860 :haw:

Jesus, you gave me a heart attack for a second! :golfclap: It'll be a bit of a homecoming for Sven Bender he came from 1860, so did Moritz Leitner, but was sold to Stuttgart, so I don't even know why I brought him up.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Keller is fired by the end of the Hinrunde, especially if Schalke get knocked out the Champions League.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
How have Dortmund not scored yet? This is making me :psyboom: We've had dozens of good chances

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

frankenfreak posted:

Heh. Good timing on that post.

I know right!

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
The ball just wont seem to go in so far, Dortmund ought to be up 2-0 by now.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
and Lewa finally breaks through!

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
No question, the finishing hasn't been as good as expected from Dortmund so far. But I don't think it will be a long term problem this season. You've got to remember the players missing from the last two games, Piszcek and Gundogan, are a huge part of Dortmunds' attack.
Mkhitarian missed the last 4 weeks with an injury and basically lost out on pre-season training, so he is still trying to gel with the squad and learn how best to operate in Klopp's patented "Gegenpressen" style. Klopp and Zorc have been raving about him for some time and expect him to be a huge part of the team going forward. Dortmund have had a tremendous record in talent evaluation the last 5 years or so, so I'm inclined to believe Mhicky will come good in the end, In Klopp we trust and so on.
So in my totally biased fan perspective, I see the recent poor finishing as a blip in the radar and not indicative of a serious long term issue with the club. After all last season Dortmund set a new club record for goals scored in the Bundesliga, I can't imagine we could regress so much. After all, all we've really lost from last season is that orange dwarf who moved to Bavaria.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Jesus, I just saw the Stuttgart-Hoppenheim score line :magical: I wonder what Bruno is thinking right now?

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Come on Dortmund step it up! We were lucky not to concede with that sloppy defense

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
First place bitches! :neckbeard:

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

mynameisjohn posted:

mkhitaryan is so good

agreed, he reminds me a little of Kagawa, at least in the way he slots into Klopp's system. Look at this
Lewa
Reus Kuba/Auba
Mhky

That front four is scary good. Now if Klopp can just sort out the defense the team would be almost unstoppable.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

frankenfreak posted:

Why would you ever put money on Bremen? They're far too unpredictable.

At home they are pretty solid, but on the road ... not so much.

edit: I'm an idiot, I thought we were talking about Hannover, Bremen are totally unpredictable

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I am so ready for revenge on the Hamburgers. I'll never forget van der Vaart play acting to get Lewandowski an undeserved red card last season, and then bragging about it after the game. Time for payback!

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Hamburg are so drat lucky I hate it! Adler can only save them so many times

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
AUBAMEYANG!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is there anyone faster than Auba?

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Mhkitarian!!!!!!!!!
The other new guy comes through! All of a sudden this game feels a lot more comfortable.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

DOOP posted:

Hamburg are poo poo. Who could have a guessed a surprise 3 man defense would be poo poo?

Who would have guessed that last season they would beat Dortmund twice and snap Dortmund's epic unbeaten streak? I'm just gonna enjoy the win, if they win, Hamburg just scored. :(

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Ha ha gently caress off forever van der Vaart

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I hate Hamburg so much, they have some weird voodoo hold over Dortmund, I'm sick of it.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Hamburg's best contributors so far have been Adler and his crossbar.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
and FINALLY, Adler is beaten, it's about time, A brace for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
edit: I've lost count of how many yellow card's Hamburg have picked up, it's gotta be at least 4 already.

Reset Smith fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 14, 2013

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I will never ever tire of Klopp's celebrations. 5-2

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Cool, Erik Durm gets to make his debut. Good on him.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Hamburg is getting minced! 6-2

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Lol even Hummels is tearing thru Hamburg's defense with ease.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Yes Hamburg have a poor defense, but it shouldn't be forgotten that Dortmund are really loving good at scoring goals. They scored something like 80 of them last season and they might be even better this year.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
LOL, not even a second of injury time, the referee blew a mercy whistle there.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Katana Gomai posted:

Dortmund will fizzle out as soon as they face any actual opposition. Augsburg, Braunschweig, Bremen, Frankfurt, HSV. I mean come on, five wins is obviously a good streak but they have yet to play anyone who is above rank 12 in the table (except for Augsburg, heh). They had the easiest start into the season by far.

You don't get to choose your opponents, yes they have been weaker teams, but Klopp and Co. have taken care of business none the less. These are exactly the sorts of teams that slipped up die Borussen last season. A draw with Frankfurt here, a loss to Wolfsburg there and suddenly Bayern is a million points ahead. The last few seasons Dortmund have actually enjoyed a tremendous amount of success against the top few teams in the Bundesliga. Last season two draws with Bayern and two wins over Bayer and the less said about Schalke the better.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Time for Magath to come in and work his magic! That's sure to lift the spirits of the players.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Perhaps it's time for King Otto to come out of retirement and rescue Hamburg.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
wow a sensational goal from Schmelzer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

SporkOfTruth posted:

Today's the day that BVB gets owned.

Right? :unsmith:

fat chance. Incidentally, it looks like over 10,000 BVB supporters are coming to the Allianz Arena today. I wonder if the stadium exterior will light up yellow when they win?

• Locked thread