Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

OP I think blindly following, say, Dortmund because "gently caress Bayern" is eminently acceptable.

This is what I've been planning on doing. Mostly going to be following them in the champions league, but I'll catch some Bundesliga games as well. Hopefully they drop Bayern at least once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The correct answer is actually Werder Bremen

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Crayfish posted:

This is 100% True and if you don't agree you are dumb and ugly

If they were in the Champions League/Had a solid chance of finishing in a Champions league spot, I'd definitely root for them. I'll bandwagon the poo poo out of them if they look like they can finish top 6 though.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

Since the topic has already been brought up, I might as well ask: as someone in the US who wants to get into soccer, anyone know if/where Bundesliga matches will be streamed online, assuming Fox won't do that?

Commentator language won't be a big issue, but bonus points if they speak English, Spanish, or German.

roja directa and first row will have every game most likely. As far as buying, I don't believe there's any other way to watch than Gol tv.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
They smoked Real Madrid in one leg last year as well. Sucks they lost Gotze, but hopefully they can still surprise some people. Speaking of which, where did all the Gotze money go? They haven't made any big transfers since then, have they?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

They transfered Lewandowski!

Hmmm dang. Well what about Marco Re-

:getin:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Soulex posted:

Yeah. It would be hard pressed to call me a fan. I enjoy a lot of the players but Im Serie A through and through. I just love the beautiful sport is all. That and itll be my last chance to see them possibly ever.

Isn't Serie A in a lot of trouble? My first choice to follow in the European leagues was AC Milan, but everything I read was like "We are the dyingest team in the dyingest league" and I was like I'm just gonna go ahead and pass on adding another soul-crushing sports team to my portfolio. Any Euro team I follow is always going to play second fiddle to the south american leagues though.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is it just Bayern that's near impossible to get tickets for, or is it all Bundesliga teams?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Or "It came home." Grats to all you German goons. Definitely the best team all cup long. Happy for Gotze. What a start to his career he's had.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Wow, Lahm has retired from the national team. Seems a bit early, but I suppose there's nothing wrong with going out on top.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jul 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ah what the hell. Dortmunds isn't anywhere near as good as last years. I like the away kit though.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jul 19, 2014

• Locked thread