Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Thanks for making the new thread. I know I'm only popping in every few months to post an opinion nobody agrees with, but I love lurking in here anyway.

That said, 1860 did it again: I'm excited even though I should know better after years and years of disappointment. New jersey look sweet as gently caress, sponsor is the most fitting since "Löwenbräu" and I somehow believe that the new players (even though I hated Adlung at Cottbus) can improve our game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

Dunban posted:

That yellow card he got was well deserved, but that's it.

The sarcastic clapping right into the ref's face after that yellow card should have sent him off. I don't get why these things don't get punished harder. There's a grown man mocking you less than a meter away. There's no reason to not pull out that second yellow.

And I totally get why people don't like him. His elbows are practically face homing missiles and his whole behavior (like, you know, clapping for a deserved yellow card) screams arrogant. However, I love his defensive work. That's some great stuff!

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

Dunban posted:

Boateng and Jones, the ultimate midfield of cunts.

This, a thousand times this. Imagine having to overcome two people who'll break your legs without batting an eye and then cuss you out for being a pussy. Defense through fear!

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Thank God! After yesterday's game (and Paderborn) I was pretty much sure we'd be a candidate for relegation into the 3. Liga. Bad doesn't even begin to describe it.

Bring on the Lorant, I guess? (It will be Matthäus...)

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

AlexF posted:

Bring on the Lorant, I guess? (It will be Matthäus...)

Called it!

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
'Okay' is the only word for that decision. He'll probably be coach for less than a year.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
I knew there was something fishy about that banner around the top...

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

This game right here is the reason I hate Ribery even if he's an awesome player and a seemingly funny guy as well. The way he provoked that yellow/red card (which ultimately lead to this penalty) was just too low for me to have any respect ever again.

As for today: I expected the worst so losing by two goals is okay, I guess? Stahl's foul seemed absolutely unnecessary (ball was already somewhere in the Nordkurve) but everything happened way too fast for our poor slow defense. But hey...no more Doppelbelastung so we can go back to getting our hopes up for relegation. Never change, 60...never change.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Good lord, if you hate Ribery for that, you must loving loathe Mehmet Scholl.

I was hootin' and hollering that night in the Arena and after that I had to spend almost an hour in that loving parkin lot (never again).

Scholl somehow gets a pass, because I don't really remember his active career, even if I know what kind of player he was. Love him being the snarky guy television now though.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Hey guys, can anybody tell me what kind of sport 1860's playing every week because it sure as hell ain't soccer....

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Watching Leitner play makes me really, really sad. First, he's one of the many talents 1860 had to sell in order to stay alive. Can you image what that guy would do to his opponents if he'd still be with us?

But second and much more important: He's so loving talented yet you just know that he'll end up playing for middle class clubs. From what you read he's lazy, a major rear end in a top hat, not a team player at all and got his head so far up his own rear end that he's oblivious to anything anyone else is trying to teach him. He'll never get any better than he is now and that's not nearly enough to become a top player IMO.

For past reference see Timo "Discobrawler" Gebhardt.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Yeah, but it seems that these three will actually make an impact. Volland is still running circles around everyone like he did in the second league and the Benders are already superb players. I love those two guys. They still have that old school mentality of football and don't mind getting their hands dirty but are actually able to play a good pass or two when it's needed. That's a killer combination right there.

Also, I'll never get tired of the many injuries of Sven Bender. Jürgen Klopp simply called the last one a "Ganzkörperprellung" because they couldn't even narrow it down anymore. He's bruised and broken pretty much everything there is to bruise and break, even his eyeball. The best thing though: He's up and running in no time again. I do have this theory, where there's a third, secret Bender and they are switching places whenever needed.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Death by Dresden!

It's bad. We just blankly stared at the TV for 90 minutes straight. No reason to get involved any more.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
For any kind of sports event I really like Kennedy's in the center (Sendlinger Tor, to be exact). Yeah, it's an Irish Pub but they have several big screens in there showing different games. Food's nice as well, drinks are a bit on the pricey side.

Ninjaedit: For a Bayern game, be sure to at least once go to Bergwolf in the Klenzestraße. That's pretty cool as well!

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Where can I find a clip/gif of Ribery poking Mandzukic's black eye after his goal? Mandzu got all mad, that was funny as hell.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

SporkOfTruth posted:

So the Sechzig - Ingolstadt match just got interrupted for the second time...

We're so bad, our fans can't even provoke the referee to abandon a match. Second game after the break and 60er depression has set in already.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
That question is for Season 2018/19, right? Maybe then you'll have a chance.

(Sorry, I can't help but all my Bayern fan friends only get tickets via some business partners if they're lucky or by straight up paying ridiculous prices. As a 1860 fan it seems so bizarre having to buy tickets a season in advance. Or having to enter a lottery to even be considered.)

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
You wanna feel ashamed? Tune into Sport 1 right now and feel the pain. Von Ahlen can go wherever Funkel went and gently caress himself as well. This is just so bad...

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

elbkaida posted:

At least your team is not in danger of relegation! I think you can spare the 3 points and focus on next season.

We're not through yet and after yesterdays match (and the one before) I'm not seeing any chances for even one more point.

ephex posted:

Bring back Werner Lorant imo

Lorant / Pacult! DO IT NOW!

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
I hope you're right. This season has been really, really bad. I'm not even sure how we ended up with this many points. Kinda hard to explain...

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

elbkaida posted:

Nürnberg sack Verbeek because why not. Hope they are already in talks with Funkel. :feelsgood:

We'd be happy to take Verbeek. Seems like a cool guy.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Two victories in a row. Now watch Poschner give von Ahlen a two year contract...

Next season's gonna suck as much as this year's.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

hopterque posted:

See his many many mistakes such as _______.

Didn't he gently caress up in his very first match for Bayern against Gladbach? And then in the Rückspiel (what's the word for Rückspiel anyway?) it happened again. That was some nice fodder for the "koan Neuer" - crowd.

But I agree, he's one of the best if not the best goalkeeper around. It's not just his reflexes, but the whole way he's playing. Sure, mistakes happen when you're taking such high risks as he's doing, but IMO his style of playing is where goalkeeping should be headed in the future. I'd dare to call it revolutionary. It's a kind of Libero and the way he's always anticipating situations is super impressive.

That said: gently caress Franck and his short temper. Such a child!

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
I, too, would break down crying if a mob of murderous psychopaths would roll out such a banner after the match and wait to follow up on it in front of the stadium. Any sane person should GTFO while they still can.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Sorry, that came out wrong. I was talking about the players and staff of Dynamo, not the fans. I can't imagine working / playing in this kind of hostile environment. The pressure must be insane.

As for the fans: You obviously know about the public perception of Dresden. Of course, not everyone involved is batshit crazy, but when I think about Dresden the first thing that comes to mind are people ripping out seats at the Allianz Arena, pissing onto fans and families (this being plastic Munich after all) from the stands and wrecking havoc at every single location they come across. The second one is Stanislaw Tschertschessow.

It won't get better in the 3. Liga. For your sake (and every other "normal" fan up there) I hope they'll turn it around, but I don't think it's possible in your current situation.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

Dunban posted:

Also, Calhanoglu has stated that he wants to join Leverkusen.

Leverkusen's only a stepping stone to world domination it seems. How can a person be so full of himself after this season? He sucked in both relegation matches and still thinks he's made for something better? Of course he's a nice player, but take it down a notch, will you "Prinz Hakan"?

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

Çalhanoğlu, the Righteous posted:

Ich möchte noch lange für den Verein in der Bundesliga spielen und in den kommenden Jahren zu einem festen Bestandteil der Mannschaft werden. In unserer schweren Situation möchte ich auch ein Zeichen setzen.

Çalhanoğlu, the Honest posted:

"Ich bin mit großer Hoffnung hierhergekommen", sagt Çalhanoğlu, "aber ich habe sie verloren." Sei ja auch alles nicht so schlimm, er bringe dem Klub ja eine hohe Ablösesumme ein.

I'm not even a fan and actually hoped HSV would get relegated (they deserved it and everybody knows) but :fuckoff:

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

Whaaaa?

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
If he keeps on bulking up maybe he'll just fill up the whole goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

hopterque posted:

That can't actually be Wiese can it.

http://m.bild.de/sport/fussball/hoffenheim/netz-staunt-ueber-mucki-wiese-36216218,wantedContextId=17410084,variante=S.bildMobile.html

It is...

• Locked thread