Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
gently caress all yall

Praise be to Dan, please bestow your blessings upon Aaron H's Hand Gun Emporium. Laces out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

I may be a Bears fan, but for the next three weeks, I'll be channeling this 2x Super Bowl winner gently caress you Marino to get either the Naptown Sleepers of the Akron Peppercorns to the championship game.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

JuicedSixFo posted:

gently caress all yall

Praise be to Dan, please bestow your blessings upon Aaron H's Hand Gun Emporium. Laces out.

quote:

JuicedSixFo posted:

Dear Daniel Constantine "Dan" Marino, Jr.,

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce all other divisions and abjure all allegiances and fidelity to any managers of said divisions; that I will support and defend The Dan Marino Division and laws of the 20 Team Fantasy League against all poo poo talkers, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of The Dan Marino Division when required by the commissioner; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me Dan. Amen.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
GLORY BE TO THE STARR

THE ONE TRUE DIVISION

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

quote:

Yo Bort,

LET'S DO THIS THING

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I have 67.4 bench points as of 2:34 PM. Guahhhhh

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

OHHHHHH DAN MARINO

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

JetsGuy posted:

Gon' be hilarious when you lose round one of da playoffs. :smug:

:ironicat:rip in peace Dan Marinoes, say hi to Rob Gronkowski for me on the ferry across Styx :ironicat:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Wait...Saints win against the Panthers, SEC back in the national championship AND Dan Marino is knocked out of the playoffs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYEC4TZsy-Y

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Well not knocked out yet, but Marshall and the Bears D will need to have amazing games.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
Gonna be pissed if I lose by less than Schaub's total, if only they had fired Kubiak at halftime!

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Power of Pecota posted:

:ironicat:rip in peace Dan Marinoes, say hi to Rob Gronkowski for me on the ferry across Styx :ironicat:

jokes on you, I'm Charon. When you want to get across I'll just condemn you to a lifetime of sitting on the rivers bank for all eternity.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
This season is officially bullshit. I'm starting a full on investigation. :mad:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Shhhhh Dan Marino...Shhhhh

Sleep well big guy, enjoy the offseason.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtGxusvUT3k

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Eltoasto posted:

Shhhhh Dan Marino...Shhhhh

Sleep well big guy, enjoy the offseason.

Upt, what do you know? Looks like the Freenys got -100 points in the ESPN rescoring! Dan Marino lives for another week!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Well, I guess it'll be Starr/Namath in the championship either way, huh. Winner becomes the first champion from their division, loser will be the only division without a championship.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
Welp, another year, another failed playoff run, sorry Joe Montanans.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Power of Pecota posted:

Well, I guess it'll be Starr/Namath in the championship either way, huh. Winner becomes the first champion from their division, loser will be the only division without a championship.

So in other words... shame. Complete and total shame.

wasianchickn posted:

Welp, another year, another failed playoff run, sorry Joe Montanans.

At least your division has a championship.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

JetsGuy posted:

So in other words... shame. Complete and total shame.

Naw, I'd call complete and total shame "missing the playoffs for the last four seasons" :P

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
What's a playoff? :shrug:

halonx
May 4, 2005

drat. First playoff experience ended already.

A song to end my champion run with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TKyNTwD3Yk

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
The ironic thing is that I'm a Chargers fan so I got knocked out by my own team's QB and RB having huge games.

Oh well, the streak had to end some time. Marino is still 3/5 in terms of champions and I myself am personally 2/5 so can't really complain.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
Gotta let the plebes win won here and there

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

JuicedSixFo posted:

Gotta let the plebes win won here and there

Every dyansty has to start somewhere.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Chimpionship

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Thanks Peyton, I guess I actually do have a shot at winning this week.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

God, the Peppercorns are making a team effort to underachieve. Everyone in play or who's played so far is on track to have their worst-4th worst week this season :/

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah, RIP this season. loving Ryan Tannehill outscoring Peyton Manning by 9 points nailed the grave shut anyway.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Congrats to San Francisco PoM and Naptown Sleepers for making the Super Bowl! Drew Brees vs. Ryan Tannehill/Joe Flacco.

As the Sleepers have more players that I have in other leagues, I must root for them. Go Sleepers!

halonx
May 4, 2005

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that Brandon Pettigrew will score about 35 points tonight and allow me to pull out a win.

It could happen.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

halonx posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that Brandon Pettigrew will score about 35 points tonight and allow me to pull out a win.

It could happen.

If you need boom or bust I would go with Fauria. At least he came close to that score this year.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

Congrats to San Francisco PoM and Naptown Sleepers for making the Super Bowl! Drew Brees vs. Ryan Tannehill/Joe Flacco.

As the Sleepers have more players that I have in other leagues, I must root for them. Go Sleepers!

I will try not to disappoint! :toot:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
go Joe Namath division

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Stevie Lee posted:

go Joe Namath division

Conference solidarity. :smug:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

chrix posted:

I will try not to disappoint! :toot:

And you didn't. :) Congrats on your championship!

Congrats Starrians!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Bart Starr taking first and third :frogc00l:

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Re-quoted for posterity:

quote:

In the not too distant future, when the championships of Montana and Marino have faded into a distant memory, when auction draft has become the one true format for NFL Fantasy Football brought to you by Pepsi CoŠ, there will be an era of great darkness swallowing the world as we know it. Forever, darkness. In the distance, millions upon millions of miles away, a lone beacon of light will twinkle like championship bling resting on a black blanket. A ball of gas and space waste, once alive, is dead and yet still caressing our dark planet with a touch of light, a beacon of hope.

Is it a message from beyond? Is it visitors from another universe to rescue us from our dying planet? Nay. It is a sparkling glimmer oh hope, a sly wink; a knowing wink of encouragement and inspiration. Through the rumbles of Earth's plates shifting, a voice bellows from the great beyond, "You can't kill a Starr, bitch"

When I started the season 1-3 (especially that crushing loss Week 4 against the Peppercorns) I didn't think the playoffs were within my grasp. I'd like to thank everyone who laid down to pave my road to redemption. Considering the Bart Starr division provided the 1st and 3rd place teams and 3 of my 5 losses were to fellow Starr teams, I hereby accept the SA 20-team championship on behalf of the entire Bart Starr division. It's been a fun season and I'm glad to bring glory, at long last, to the most deserving division in the league. Thanks to JetsGuy for organizing this league every year, can't wait to be a part of it for years to come.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Congratulations!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Championships are dumb, Namath4lyfe.

We spend too much time drinking and partying.

• Locked thread