Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

bushisms.txt posted:

Wheels on Meals is probably my favorite over all, but when I think of a fight scene, I think Project A2. Jackie is an named an Admiral in the Navy after killing some pirates in the prequel. Now the pirates are out for his blood, but Jackie's compassion shows them, he was only doing his job.

This fight scene scene in particular, is a 10 minute tea house brawl with Jackie and a few colleagues trying to apprehend some local gangsters. After a fantastic fight, the men are arrested, but Jackie offers two of them a bargain: leave the room, and you're free:

http://youtu.be/8UMAmLaWe2o?t=3m38s

It's a quick and dirty fight that really highlight Jackie's talents.

Holy poo poo, that fall over the railing from the second floor :stonk: It looks like the vase was supposed to cushion his fault and/or slow his descent but it barely does anything due to the angle he hit it.

HELP, GOONS!

I'm trying to find a Jet Li film, once I saw once and never again. The only details I remember are these:

1) It revolved around him and his best friend, who he grew up with as child to adult

2) He eventually joined up with the rebellion faction of the village/city while his friend joined the army and eventually became a high rank (clad in all black I believe)

3) The final act, or the film's plot resolution, is the rebellion launching a attack on the army. The rebellion includes a close female lead of Jet Li, and a big guy who wields a stone hammer/big stone tied to a wooden pole.

4) The big guy is surrounded by soldiers with spears, who he fends off with huge swings of his stone hammer. Alas, he is killed by a simultaneous unified attack where the soldiers spear him at once. This is the scene that really hit me, I really felt bad for that guy :(

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I've been wondering about this film for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Snowman_McK posted:

Tai Chi Master, AKA the Twin Warriors has most of what you mentioned. Then again that plot is kind of stock standard.

Thank you! This is indeed the film I was thinking of.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
The fight at the gang's hangout in Rumble in the Bronx is probably my most memorable moment in a Jackie Chan film. Then again, I've probably seen that film more times than any of his other films.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Could you guys recommend any films with female leads?

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Gonna jump on the Jackie Chan bandwagon to mention the last fight between him and Bradley James Allen in Gorgeous. It's half fight/half comedy but it's probably my favorite Jackie Chan fight ever because of how fluid it is. The movement between the two are just mesmerizing. Also I love gentlemanly spars.

Bradley James Allen was part of Jackie Chan's stunt team for a while, and apparently is currently working on Ant Man. That's pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The best Dhalsim is Simon Yam in Future Cops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WUNQYWsnHg

I had to quote this because I don't know what the gently caress I just watched.