Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007

CloseFriend posted:

I thought some people would find this interesting: the back cover copy for Clan of the White Lotus

Wasn't this what Executioners from Shaolin was like too? The bad guy had some ridiculous power where his one weak point migrated all over his body and to simulate this, they had to build some ridiculous practice dummy with balls constantly rolling through it. I'm not sure if they were actual migrating testicles but they might have been.

The best kung fu gonad action is still the ending scene of 7 Grandmasters though.

Incidentally I assume any old Shaw Brothers films available on Youtube aren't really legal; does anyone happen to know otherwise? (If they were I'd put up some links.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007

CloseFriend posted:

Now that I've seen Executioners From Shaolin I can comment: I'd say that film implies the testicle-movement but doesn't actually say it (as weird as that feels to even type). Actually, both films feature the same Pai Mei as the main antagonist. Each film treats Pai Mei as though he only appears in that film; he seems like a really odd choice for a recurring character.

Pai Mei is a classic character from kung fu history (although possibly mythical, I wouldn't know), so that's not so surprising. Similar to Wong Fei-Hung and, I'm sure, several others. Compare to a character like Batman; people just like to make movies about them, continuity not expected. A quick google shows that the master in Kill Bill 2 was also named this, so that gives an idea how iconic this character is.