Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
There is a metric ton of crazy poo poo happening in Fantasy Mission Force, all right. The un subbed-or-dubbed musical number does help ease you into the madness, at least.

Meanwhile, being shown Buddha's Palm (Here's the trailer) without prior knowledge of the film, (as happened to me last night) should be considered a war crime. The "Nine-Red-Bulls-Before-Work" editing style alone messes with your head, let alone the Kung-Fu lightsabers, Giant Extend-O-Feet, a dragon puppet Jim Henson would have ordered burned at the stake and the nine million plot lines all fighting for your attention.

I intend inflicting this on many, MANY people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

I love me some Godfrey Ho. The only trouble is, trying to remember if you've seen the flick before. I've gotten halfway through a flick, thinking I'd already watched it, then had the plot of whatever movie he was "enhancing" with Ninjas divert wildly. Only the recycled Ninja footage remains constant.

Until I found an interview with him, I was actually convinced "Godfrey Ho" was just the Hong Kong equivalent of "Alan Smithee" for many years.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

There's a lengthy interview with the man himself at http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/page.asp?aid=230&page=1.

Highlights include his actor hiring policy. (Basically, go to where American and Australian tourists hang out in Hong Kong and say "Hey, wanna be in a movie?")

I assume that's where he discovered the phenomenal acting talent of Stuart Smith, the most Australian Ninja in Ninja History.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

Got around to watching a few early Jackie Chan flicks this week. THE YOUNG MASTER (out of a 5-DVD box set I grabbed solely for FANTASY MISSION FORCE) is pretty worthless, and practically Jackie-free. FEARLESS HYENA on the other had was a blast. Once you got past Jackie's dubbed-accent, which made him sound like a member of Herman's Hermits.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

Boinks posted:

Young Master is ok. Are you sure you didn't see Young Tiger by mistake?

Young Master ends with this hilarious image:

Yep, you're right. YOUNG TIGER it was. Not-Actually-Starring Jacky (sic) Chan and co-starring his giant stick-on hairy mole.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

muscles like this? posted:

Wasn't footage of his funeral used in Game of Death?

It was definitely used in The True Game of Death -http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083233/, shot from what appeared to be a neighboring building. Then again, the flick also uses Bruce Lee footage spliced in as dream sequences, and a dime-store Kareem Abdul-Jabbar-a-like, so they weren't exactly worried about their film-making ethics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"Bruce Thai" sounds like a restaurant I'd be happy to eat at.