Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Watched Invincible Armour for the first time yesterday. Great fight choreography, great soundtrack, plenty of strange comic relief. A stone cold classic imo.

It's on youtube, so you've got no excuse if you haven't seen it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

I like new faces as much as anyone, but Protector 3 was such a huge waste of them. :(

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Snowman_McK posted:

Do you mean 2? The dreadful Tony Jaa movie? With RZA as a villain for some inexplicable reason?
Correct, my brain got the 3 from Ong-bak 3 apparently. But Protector 2 had Tony Jaa, RZA, and Jeeja Yanin (from Chocolate), it should have been great!!

Currently catching up on some classics that are on youtube: Magnificent Butcher, One-Armed Swordsman, Shaolin Temple, Deadly Duo, and Seven Blows of the Dragon.

fenix down fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 29, 2015

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Oracle posted:

What about King of Beggars? I've seen the others (minus the Cookery one above) and the kids LOVED both Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle (Qiu Yuen has got to be my favorite Hong Kong actress like, ever).
I would say avoid King of Beggars, King of Comedy, and CJ7. You'll get much more mileage out of Forbidden City Cop or Love on Delivery.

And to echo Thaddius - Journey to the West has some great laughs but it makes no sense.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

"Stunt Team’s Tribute Video for Jackie Chan Will Move You to Tears"
http://nextshark.com/stunt-teams-tribute-video-jackie-chan-will-move-tears/

Unrelated, going to see Journey to the West Part 2 tomorrow. Check your local listings!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5273624/?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

brocked posted:

I think this is the place to ask, I half-remember a version of Wong Fei Hung (or possibly his dad) where his climactic fight involved him using an umbrella as his weapon. I believe he spent some earlier scenes betting on his lucky cricket and had a propensity for kicking people's feet out from under them so they fell on their faces. Can anyone identify that one?
Are you thinking of this scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X11uEGRnCDs

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Benagain posted:

I went to a midnight showing of Boxer's Omen.

I am still not sure what the hell I saw.
A masterpiece.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Lobok posted:

What's the word on Wolf Warrior? Added it to my Netflix list but haven't seen it yet.
It is pretty goofy, like a Chinese version of Chuck Norris's Invasion USA.

I like Scott Adkins, but I didn't stick around long enough to see if he has any badass fights.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

I agree, good mix of comedy and action.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

DrVenkman posted:

It's the second day I've tuned in and sadly I've now seen EXECUTIONERS OF SHAOLIN 3 times. Though I would never usually do it though, I've had the Twitch chat on and it's been great to see the way they've lost their minds at some of this stuff. I don't mean in a 'haha that's lame' thing either, but EOS has a great ending for example, though Shaw Brothers' movies ending abruptly will never not be funny thanks to a bewildered chat not being used to it.
Man I would love to see their reaction to the end of Fistful of Talons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Love this exchange from the beginning of Snake in the Eagle's Shadow