Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://techcrunch.com/2016/06/21/aphex-twin-commissions-12-year-old-youtuber-to-direct-first-video-since-1999s-windowlicker/

quote:

If you follow your dreams, and film it, and put it on YouTube, there’s a chance Richard D. James will see it and commission you to direct the first Aphex Twin video in 17 years. That’s the lesson learned by young Ryan Wyer, of outer Dublin, who was not even close to being born when the seminal “Windowlicker” came out in 1999.

Wyer is 12 and, if his YouTube channel is any indication, loves electronic music, memes and games rated for players well above his age. This isn’t his first foray into Aphex Twin territory, either. Among the dozens of videos he’s uploaded are reviews and videos for AFX and other artists. He even recorded the famous “Aphex face” hidden in the mathematically named track on the “Windowlicker” single.

Richard D. James is a prolific musician, but not since the glory days of Chris Cunningham has he released a video. Is this the beginning of a new visual era for Aphex Twin? Has he found his muse? And if so, how?

No idea. Warp told me that James simply ran into Wyer’s videos online and enjoyed them, so he commissioned the kid to do an official video. I asked for more details, but that’s pretty awesome on its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stokesy
Nov 26, 2003

G-R-A-S-P
If you have preordered on bleep you can now stream the whole thing.

Liking it so far.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
https://twitter.com/marie_wyer/status/750439049761095688

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
New EP also sounds real good at 45 rpm.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Wait what. There's really still a Tower Records in Dublin?

Did they go to Blockbuster Video afterward?

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
Cheetah EP very good like a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
I am a huge fan of Cheetah EP. Chill RDJ tunes are the best RDJ tunes.

• Locked thread