Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

If I were to be granted one inalienable power of righteous judgement to wield at will against other motorists, I wouldn't choose one to wield against impaired drivers, or phone users, distracted parents, boy racers, or self-important businesspersons. I wouldn't wield it against foreign truck drivers or the elderly. I wouldn't use it to target drivers at all.
I would have the power to instantly and irrevocably and with no recourse, disable, impound, and crush any lovely soot spewing diesel powered vehicle that has the misfortune of sharing the road with me.

I am so goddamn sick of these black cloud motherfuckers. The annual MOT is some kind of joke if these ignoramuses can get a pass.
Destroy them all. If I had a GoPro I'd start a blog to name and shame the filthy cunts.

Got something you want to get off your chest? Post it here. You might not get any replies, but at least you'll feel better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Surprised we don't have a miscellaneous chat thread too - we are the cool guys of SA, after all. :v:

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
I get that theres some kind of tradition and once upon a time they used to go out racing on sundays or whatever but in the modern era it seems pretty loving stupid for bike shops to be closed on 50% of the days when people that actually have jobs outside the motorcycle or retail slavery industries are available to do things like buy motorcycle or gently caress up motorcycle and need parts. Why dont they close on Thursday? No one does poo poo on Thursday.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
I live in California where it is legal to lane split, but I get so much hate for filtering to the front nearly every time I ride! Just because your fat, uncoordinated, lazy rear end is stuck in that lovely corolla in dense traffic doesn't mean I have to be too! Honks, fingers, rolling down windows just enough to point that disgusting burger hole at me enough to vocalize the only curse word the moronic brain behind it can handle.

My dream is to one day be able to reach in and grab the keys through the steering wheel then chuck them right into the storm drain, then punch the bitch/dick in the face.

I see all these motorcycle hating motorists opening doors as cyclists filter up, or cut them off, or run the off the road on youtube and it inflates my fury even more. I know eventually it's going to happen to me, and I hope I don't get thrown in jail for murder afterwards. GAH!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

What a pass from Marquez

Edit: wrong thread

Frankston fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 21, 2013

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Frankston posted:

Edit: wrong thread

This. You work a full day on a Sunday or something and you have to be so loving careful not to have the GP spoiled!

I hate all motorcyclists. We're all assholes. It's terrible.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Spiffness posted:

This. You work a full day on a Sunday or something and you have to be so loving careful not to have the GP spoiled!

No poo poo, you can't even go for a ride on the weekend because every other stupid oval office has taken his bike out the garage for the day and brought the police with him to all the good roads that aren't full of Doris going antiquing, it's terrible! Then you get squiddy mcgee, and Dr. Harley Dentistron, and a convoy of tourists going to ace café who've never ridden in traffic before, when you have actual poo poo to do, don't get me started!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

In a way, I suppose this thread is the antithesis of the things you love the poo poo out of while riding thread. Sorry.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
So many people out and about who can only go fast on a straight and have to ride rear end-to-rear end to their motor bros. Get the hell out of my way. And wear a shirt for fucks sake, your tattoo looks like 12th stage herpes.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

If I could have one superpower it would be the ability to put the Lucas Curse on any other vehicle, punishing people who are dicks in traffic by giving their vehicle electrical gremlins.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

Spiffness posted:

This but unironically. Working motorcycle retail for a few years taught me that 95% of people who own a motorcycle are total shitheads that I have no desire to associate with. This goes doubly so for anyone who refers to themselves as a "biker" and triply so for anyone who calls me a biker. Sorry, don't associate me with idiots who go around doing dumb things, getting hurt, and then blaming other people for their stupidity.

The other day I went for a ride around the city with a friend of mine (one of the very few people I'll ride with on the street) and let him bring his friend along. First thing out of his friend's mouth when he saw my bike was "have you guys (referring to my friend and I) ever tried each other?". gently caress you pal, I hope you wind up with a suspended license, a huge fine, and a nice 30+ day stay in jail for acting like a complete tool and street racing on the interstate in traffic. We're both on modern 600cc supersports, I literally could not care less if this other bike is 0.3 seconds faster than me in a straight line on a public road. All I care about is how my bike handles when I'm doing 120mph and have my knee in the grass.

Great thread.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

-Inu- posted:

"have you guys (referring to my friend and I) ever tried each other?"
What?

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Spiffness posted:

Quote this for the rest o the thread.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

It's dumb slang for highway racing basically.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

You know! Analingus!

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

Spiffness posted:

I think this is true of any hobby that involves more than a handful of your closest friends.

I see tons of riders flying through traffic, wobbling through turns, filtering through traffic at 80+, trying to set off car alarms at 2am with their loud exhausts.

I target shoot which means I get muzzle swept by mouth breathing idiots every time I go to a gun store or range as well as getting to hear all about zombies and the end of the world or whatever loving retarded 'wanna shoot people' scenario they've invented in their heads.

I work with cars so get to hear story after story of how their car (with a CAI and exhaust giving it hundreds upon hundreds of HP) beats up on Corvettes or sport bikes or whatever or how they are going to lower it all the way until the oil pan scrapes but it will still be good for racing in the canyons!

I guess it takes the fun out of the thread but people are loving assholes and I kinda hate them.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

I just hate the dumbfucks who roll on through intersections without looking and almost kill me daily.

I am also sick of loving cruiser riders (mostly the he-men on Harleys, but its people on other equivalents) telling me to/asking when I'm going to get a "real" bike. Yeah, because mines loving imaginary or something.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

-Inu- posted:

It's dumb slang for highway racing basically.

Oh ok, so that's what it means. Definitely not the other thing.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
Yall got issues, start a tumblr, it's what I did.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I hate SoCal. It's a pit stop between utterly nothing and glorious Norcal, where unless you work for an industrial firm, you are likely just here to 1. be a hipster or 2. slowly die. "Bikers" include old men on Harleys and marines with pensions on GSXRs and Yamaha Rs. But our eggs are $1.20/dozen at Costco instead of $1.80 in NorCal so I guess that's cool

I wanna sell my bike and get a sumo because I don't think I've taken it above 50mph since I've been down here. I'm also quite literally under a mile from everything homeostasis-related and under five miles from anything entertainment-related, but the nearest "twistie" is about 30 minutes away with the "okay" one (Palomar/Julian) being an hour away. My motorcycle has become solely a commuter and my Volvo gets way more love now that I've cranked the boost from 6 to 10psi to enjoy mashing my automatic pedal for a grand total of three minutes before hitting the nearest shopping center. :geno:

I'm also a hermit and haven't actually left the house outside of groceries in a month.

SoCal. :argh:

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007

Xovaan posted:

I hate SoCal. It's a pit stop between utterly nothing and glorious Norcal, where unless you work for an industrial firm, you are likely just here to 1. be a hipster or 2. slowly die. "Bikers" include old men on Harleys and marines with pensions on GSXRs and Yamaha Rs. But our eggs are $1.20/dozen at Costco instead of $1.80 in NorCal so I guess that's cool

I wanna sell my bike and get a sumo because I don't think I've taken it above 50mph since I've been down here. I'm also quite literally under a mile from everything homeostasis-related and under five miles from anything entertainment-related, but the nearest "twistie" is about 30 minutes away with the "okay" one (Palomar/Julian) being an hour away. My motorcycle has become solely a commuter and my Volvo gets way more love now that I've cranked the boost from 6 to 10psi to enjoy mashing my automatic pedal for a grand total of three minutes before hitting the nearest shopping center. :geno:

I'm also a hermit and haven't actually left the house outside of groceries in a month.

SoCal. :argh:

Counterpoint: You could live in Florida.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

sw0cb posted:

Counterpoint: You could live in Florida.

Or the mid-west. I think I have to go several states over before I find interesting geology.

ReformedNiceGuy
Feb 12, 2008

Linedance posted:

No poo poo, you can't even go for a ride on the weekend because every other stupid oval office has taken his bike out the garage for the day and brought the police with him to all the good roads that aren't full of Doris going antiquing, it's terrible! Then you get squiddy mcgee, and Dr. Harley Dentistron, and a convoy of tourists going to ace café who've never ridden in traffic before, when you have actual poo poo to do, don't get me started!

This, I've started either going out at about half six on a Sunday morning or half seven in the evening. Any other time of the day is a loving nightmare.

I was following two dudes through some of my favourite twisties earlier and in between corners they'd get up to ludicrous speeds then loving park it for each of the turns. On the really twisty section one of the twats nearly had me in the back of him when he decided to jump on the brakes halfway through a corner!

For reference it was this corner. We're coming from A > B. I'd given him a bunch of space going into A then caught him as he leant in to B. About halfway round he panics and slams the brakes on running way wide. I managed to tighten my turn and go round the inside.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Safety Dance posted:

Or the mid-west. I think I have to go several states over before I find interesting geology.

Wisconsin has a lot of good roads, thankfully, but for 4 months of the year they are covered in either snow, ice or salt.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

I want to be able to do wheelies some tim, but I can't be arsed to do the work. Meh.

Xovaan posted:

:hf:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Xovaan posted:

There but for a girlfriend go I.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
I live in loving Florida, and will be for the next 2 years at least. 99.99% of my riding is commuting down straight, strip mall laden roads because my city extends for 45 loving minutes in every direction, and the only thing past its boundaries are smaller and shittier cities.
:shobon:

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

AncientTV posted:

I live in loving Florida, and will be for the next 2 years at least. 99.99% of my riding is commuting down straight, strip mall laden roads because my city extends for 45 loving minutes in every direction, and the only thing past its boundaries are smaller and shittier cities.
:shobon:

I go to Florida 4-6 times a year and it loving sucks. Tampa is a poo poo hole. Also all the people I see here on motorcycles could get in fatal accidents in their no-helmets and I don't think the world would be a worse place at all.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Safety Dance posted:

There but for a girlfriend go I.

My girlfriend lives with my family and I. :hfive:

I'm in the process of building a weight room so I don't even have to leave the house for any reason other than food. Friend just got some olympic rings and I have kettle bells to stay in shape. :smaug:

I honestly want a Ruckus so I can zip around my neighborhood and its parks for entertainment. What have I become? :ohdear:

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Xovaan posted:

I honestly want a Ruckus so I can zip around my neighborhood and its parks for entertainment. What have I become? :ohdear:

A fun-seeking person. But Ruckuses definitely do not "zip" by any definition.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/tabid/59/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/867/Project-Honda-Ruckus-Part-One.aspx :getin:

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

A fun-seeking person. But Ruckuses definitely do not "zip" by any definition.
They wheelie great though. Especially when they have full Ohlins :v: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1w-iI8oGAg

edit: Misread, Zuma =/= Ruckus but my point still stands.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

4 stroke zuma. Blasphemy

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

I have an extremely rational fear of cars pulling out left in front of me. I am a fairly paranoid person and the possibility of my death is something I contemplate regularly while riding. It's a real downer that I feel removes some of the fun from riding. I don't want to stop riding just because it freaks me out, and taking a break from it will make me rusty. I'm wondering if it's just me, if my attitude is actually healthy, or if I'm being silly.

Halo_4am
Sep 25, 2003

Code Zombie
Some of that fades, a lot of it becomes automatic, and it's a healthy fear to have. One of these days I am going to post a youtube of me riding in Chicago traffic and playing the what-if game. Finding the gaps in traffic, noting drivers with cell phones and big gulps, thinking constantly on if I'll brake or swerve should dude in front slam on the brakes, and do I have a gap to swerve into, etc.

I might be masochistic but it's actually a big part of why I actually enjoy riding. It's required that I have my head on the road and nowhere else, observing everything, planning every second as traffic changes. With practice it all becomes second nature and you learn to do it very quickly, so much so that said video wouldn't be able to narrated. It would just be a sea of comment bubbles noting potential problems and the pre-planned response.

Rules of thumb:
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/howto/122_0504_motorcycle_riding_tips/

It's stressful as gently caress at first, but as time goes on like anything else you learn to relax and just do it. Read up on it, get some mental cataloging and reaction methods down, practice them, and it becomes far less of a constant 'oh gently caress what if?'. In a perfect world this is how everybody should be driving at all times, regardless of traffic and their vehicle. Obviously that's never going to happen though.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Aftermarket undertail exhaust is too goddamn expensive :argh: Why is it $500 for a slip-on on the low end?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Korwen posted:

I have an extremely rational fear of cars pulling out left in front of me. I am a fairly paranoid person and the possibility of my death is something I contemplate regularly while riding. It's a real downer that I feel removes some of the fun from riding. I don't want to stop riding just because it freaks me out, and taking a break from it will make me rusty. I'm wondering if it's just me, if my attitude is actually healthy, or if I'm being silly.

Buy a dirt bike / track bike. It'll help with that feeling.

I stopped riding on the street for different reasons (Wanting to ride a lot more Track, not wanting to ever talk to a cop again) and it'll be a while before I give two shits about street riding again.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Commuting is only worth a poo poo if you can lane split. Otherwise? Eff that.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Z3n posted:

Commuting is only worth a poo poo if you can lane split. Otherwise? Eff that.

I've split in Seattle, but only when traffic is really bad. I get better mileage on my bike than either car we own and have a guaranteed HOV spot. Plus I pay a lot less to get on the ferry and front of the line priority. That won't matter after Friday though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Pope Mobile posted:

That won't matter after Friday though.

poo poo whats this now? They changing ferry policies?