Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Digital_Jesus posted:

Minor rant. Took the factory warning stickers off my bike today. Three of them came off fine, but the fourth the adhesive was practically bonded to the goddamn fairing and took a chip out of the paint. $20 for the matching pen. Argghhhhh.

Oh well it'll be here in a few days. goddamnit.

It helps to put heat on the sticker. Borrow the girlfriend/wife's hairdryer if you don't have a heatgun and blast it long enough to get it pretty warm. The adhesive will soften up and the sticker should peel off in one solid piece most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

Which reminds me of another major pet peeve of mine: stop light creeping. The light's red. The car in front is at the edge of the intersection, where they are supposed to be. The car behind them stops two car lengths back and then randomly creeps forward a few feet at a time until the light finally turns green.

Because of this, I always end up getting right up on the bumper of the car in front of me. By the time the dickhead stops creeping, I'll have a normal gap. I blame autos, people might stop where they need to if they had to do more than ease off the brake to move.