Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yuns posted:

I'm gonna say that it's probably pretty safe to knock on a Tesla window. As a Tesla owner, I have to say that it's an amazingly easy way to troll Tesla forums by posting a question about how to fit a pistol lockbox or holster in your Tesla.

With a Tesla I’d be at least as concerned that the car would run over me independent of what the driver does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MomJeans420 posted:

I agree, although aren't DRL mandatory in the US now? I swear someone posted something in here before about how before it was mandatory it did help people notice you and save lives, but now that it's mandatory the effectiveness has decreased. It seems like that shouldn't be the case though because a light is either visible or it's not.

They aren’t mandatory but just about every manufacturer does it so they can sell the same cars in Canada and the US.

The decrease in effectiveness is supposedly because when they were uncommon they drew more attention to the car with lights on in the daytime but now they’re just part of the landscape since everyone has them and they get tuned out as nothing special, but I haven’t personally looked at any studies on the topic.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Martytoof posted:

Yeah they only have the boom mic kit, not the little thin wired mic kit :(

The price from the Cardo site is $11USD plus another $25USD to ship.

I guess I could always try to repurpose the failing boom mic connector I have now and just solder on a regular lapel mic.

If that doesn't work PM me; I may have a solution for you.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I've always been a little surprised the whole industry didn't just standardize on one side though the existence of LHD and RHD countries means that was probably always a losing proposition.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Is that for real? Tesla autopilots are known to cross double yellows? How has Tesla not been sued or regulated out of business for such a homicidal software failure? That's like spectacularly bad

Because it's the opinion of the US government that doing anything to Tesla will cause its investors to suffer and god knows we can't have that.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Go to bed and look again tomorrow before you order the parts.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MomJeans420 posted:

Why wouldn't they just pass in the left lane that was completely open?

Truck in that lane wasn't going fast enough to suit them.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Slavvy posted:

And another thing: those stupid fucken 'eco' lights that encourage you to feel bad about using the engine the way it was designed to be used.

Upshift indicators fixed for economy were dogshit on my car in 1986 and have no place on a bike.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

T Zero posted:

On a Monster 696, you need to remove 13 screws, three fairings, and lift off the gas tank in order to get to the battery. Take a wild guess how I discovered this.

Similar for the CB300R. 15 screws or something like that and you have to loosen the tank and remove both seats plus take off the battery cover.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Revolting

Yeah. Their marketing and owners i know personally are bad enough that I'll never consider one regardless of what the machines themselves are like. A 43-year old newcomer is probably who they should be trying to get their hooks into, too!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Remy Marathe posted:

I'm pretty sure the reason my close friend and riding buddy hasn't taken me up on repeated offers to let him ride the Triumph T120 is he's unwilling to let me ride his Lowrider S for fear I'll drop it. Yeah I've crashed here and there but his fears are unfounded and I wanna test that good meat interaction.

My uncle's mystery (to me) Harleys were just loud grumbly pieces of poo poo and I didn't see the fun, but said friend knows his bikes so I have high hopes. Dammit dude it's time to bike swap :argh:

Rant Zone: good meat interaction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

epswing posted:

Some punk in a van knocked over my bike in a parking lot last night and sped off. Animals, I tell ya. I wasn’t around but some nice passerby snapped a photo of their plates so I guess it’s police report time? Never done this before.

Broken mirror and rear turn signal, scratched clutch perch. Tank and motor unscathed, which is all I really care about.

Call it in as a hit and run and be prepared to provide the contact information of the witness who sent you the picture, but don't be too disappointed if nothing happens.